My first bronze casting

All About Showing Off, This is why we do what we do.
F.C.

Re: My first bronze casting

Post by F.C. »

I do too... nice work!
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

This sure has opened up another door for me Frank :D
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

how close are any military installations near you, Mike? Googling military insignias I see an armored calvary unit in Townsville QLD, but that's quite a trek from where you're at... are there any closer? Reason I ask is in conjunction with what I'm think'n of show'n you that you can solicite to some units for a sideline income doing casting work. You game for it?
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

F.C. wrote:how close are any military installations near you, Mike? Googling military insignias I see an armored calvary unit in Townsville QLD, but that's quite a trek from where you're at... are there any closer? Reason I ask is in conjunction with what I'm think'n of show'n you that you can solicite to some units for a sideline income doing casting work. You game for it?
There is one about 45 min away ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enoggera_Barracks )if you click on Royal Australian engineers I know where there is a cast aluminum copy of that insignia thats about 4 inchs across, is that the type of think your thinking of....I'll try anything frank

Mike
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

F.C. wrote:Hey Mike, do you have access to American Pennies, or perhaps Zinc annodes used on boat hulls in salt water? I'm still work'n toward giving you something fun to do that may spark some interest in your area toward your developed talant at casting metal. ;)
Well frank no pennies but I've picked up a few KG's of zinc runners from a manufacturer of boat annodes

Mike