Cincinnati Shaper

All About Showing Off, This is why we do what we do.
Rasper

Re: Cincinnati Shaper

Post by Rasper »

Dave,

What are you working on now? I miss your gunsmithing reports.

Richard
dallen

Post by dallen »

working on getting the shop monster back on all four wheels after his debacle with the cat when he rip out his right ACL.

Your right I should finish up the sharps as its over half done, but haven't had any interest in working on it, so its hiding somewhere around here.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

I have the same problem. If indeed it is a problem. I have had no interest in making sculpture for a couple of years. Or in casting metal. I have become a writer. It might be old age. Getting old has its advantages. I don't want much any more. I don't want to go anywhere. Nowadays every place is the same as every other place anyway, so why bother to go there. Even here in Mexico. When I came here 35 years ago every town had its own distinct personality and culture. Now everyone sits around texting on their cell phones just like in the US. And they've all gotten fat, just like in the US. Mexico now has the highest per capita soda pop consumption of any country in the world.

Richard
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Rasper wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:34 pm
I have the same problem. If indeed it is a problem. I have had no interest in making sculpture for a couple of years. Or in casting metal. I have become a writer. It might be old age. Getting old has its advantages. I don't want much any more. I don't want to go anywhere. Nowadays every place is the same as every other place anyway, so why bother to go there. Even here in Mexico. When I came here 35 years ago every town had its own distinct personality and culture. Now everyone sits around texting on their cell phones just like in the US. And they've all gotten fat, just like in the US. Mexico now has the highest per capita soda pop consumption of any country in the world.

Richard
Hi Richard, what sort of writing are you doing
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

I am working on a novel right now. It will be categorized as a literary novel when it is published. Basically what that means is it is not a fast-moving adventure story where in the end the hero triumphs, wins the girl, and vanquishes the bad guys. It has a theme, as does every novel, but in literary novels, theme is more important than plot. The theme of my novel is courage: an exploration of what courage really is, and what it takes to be courageous. But that's not to say there is no plot. A lot is happening as we explore courage. We have a part-black, bi-sexual, unconventional, teen-age girl living with her aristocratic family on an Island in the Chesapeake Bay in Virginia diring the 1960's, the dawn of the sexual revolution. She is faced with choices that require courage to resolve.

Why Virginia? Why the Chesapeake Bay? Why a coloured girl? Why an old aristocratic family? This is a realistic novel, as opposed to such works as science fiction and fantasy novels which have made-up realities. To write a realistic novel, a writer had better know what he is talking about. I grew up in Virginia in that milieu. I lived on the Chesapeake Bay for many years. I know the Bay and the people intimately, and I know the Southern black people. (I know them as well as a white person can ever know them.) I also know the 1960's well. I was a freshman in college in 1961. It was a decade of change. When I finished college in 1965, the girls still had to be back in their dormitories by midnight, or they were put on restriction. Two years later when I went back to visit, girls were living with their boyfriends in the men's dorms. Almost overnight the world had turned upside down. What a time. And what a privilege to live there.

Richard
dallen

Post by dallen »

got P.O'ed today, missed a chance at getting a swarm of bee's that were in OKC about 30 minutes from me by like 10 minutes, i really wanted them too. I have on hive that the queen isn't doing vvery good and needs replaced.

mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Rasper wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:39 pm
I am working on a novel right now. It will be categorized as a literary novel when it is published. Basically what that means is it is not a fast-moving adventure story where in the end the hero triumphs, wins the girl, and vanquishes the bad guys. It has a theme, as does every novel, but in literary novels, theme is more important than plot. The theme of my novel is courage: an exploration of what courage really is, and what it takes to be courageous. But that's not to say there is no plot. A lot is happening as we explore courage. We have a part-black, bi-sexual, unconventional, teen-age girl living with her aristocratic family on an Island in the Chesapeake Bay in Virginia diring the 1960's, the dawn of the sexual revolution. She is faced with choices that require courage to resolve.

Why Virginia? Why the Chesapeake Bay? Why a coloured girl? Why an old aristocratic family? This is a realistic novel, as opposed to such works as science fiction and fantasy novels which have made-up realities. To write a realistic novel, a writer had better know what he is talking about. I grew up in Virginia in that milieu. I lived on the Chesapeake Bay for many years. I know the Bay and the people intimately, and I know the Southern black people. (I know them as well as a white person can ever know them.) I also know the 1960's well. I was a freshman in college in 1961. It was a decade of change. When I finished college in 1965, the girls still had to be back in their dormitories by midnight, or they were put on restriction. Two years later when I went back to visit, girls were living with their boyfriends in the men's dorms. Almost overnight the world had turned upside down. What a time. And what a privilege to live there.

Richard
Should be a good read :-)
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
dallen

Post by dallen »

took some time away from changing the oil and filter in the lawn mower and got the burner just about ready to see if it will burn some fuel. guy that gave me the burner had stretched the nose on it trying to make it burn waste oil.

anyway about the only thing left to do is make a fuel line from pump to nozzle and dig up a fuel supply line, I plan to use the supply tank that I made some years back and may even see about burning a blend of Diesel and waste oil just to burn up the waste oil that I have. which should be pretty well settled out seeing as how its been sitting in the buckets for several years.

one other thing that I need to do before scaring the neighbors is to make some type of stand to hold the burner with.

Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I had a friend that used one of those on a reverb furnace. Small tests worked good, I don't know if he ever tried a larger amount of scrap. He was melting Aluminum.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
dallen

Post by dallen »

I can always strip this burner for parts and use my bounce house blower to make something that will burn something.

I have one small BH Blower that I have setup strictly as a gas rig, with it running about 10 psi of propane I have to block almost all of the inlet off with aluminum foil to get the right fuel air mixture

anyway if it dries up around here in the next day or so (major thunderstorm went thru last night), see if I mow the grass on sunday again.