Cincinnati Shaper

All About Showing Off, This is why we do what we do.
cae2100

Re: Cincinnati Shaper

Post by cae2100 »

your welcome to come use some of the scrap steel I have here if you want, and can use my forge to do the stuff up. The new forge is much much easier to use, lol. I know what you mean by not having stuff ready to cast, I need to get my furnace out and cast a few things, but I think I need to make patterns so I have something to cast more than anything, lol.

That trigger assembly for the gun looked pretty good, I have no idea about gun parts, but it did look nice, lol.
dallen

Post by dallen »

cae2100 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:53 pm
That trigger assembly for the gun looked pretty good, I have no idea about gun parts, but it did look nice, lol.

don't t6ell anyone but I don't either. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

That's what I love about making stuff. I just dive in. After I learn how to do it, I lose interest. It's time to dive into something else I don't know how to do.

Richard
dallen

Post by dallen »

my hobbies do tend to keep my busy enough that I don't need any more,
been beating my head against the computer monitor for some time now trying to come to grips with a CAD program. in hopes that I can someday use it to make drawings that can be used to 3D print casting patterns, that is if I fix whatever the hell is wrong with the printer.

mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Rasper wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 5:52 pm
That's what I love about making stuff. I just dive in. After I learn how to do it, I lose interest. It's time to dive into something else I don't know how to do.

Richard
Yes Richard, I agree, but my main problem is that I've spent my hold life in production of some kind, a one off is ok, sorting out all the issues to try and cast, then when its all done its, lets move onto the next problem, I do enjoy the pattern making part tho
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
dallen

Post by dallen »

hi Mite, hows things in OZ

mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

dallen wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 1:06 pm
hi Mite, hows things in OZ
Going good Dave, still in partial lock down but its all ok, it hasn't interfered to much in our life, other then the wife cannot visit her Mum and Dad who live in another state, but are only a three hour drive south of us. How are things with you Dave, and the rest of the Found Dreaming crew
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
dallen

Post by dallen »

me and the monster are doing ok, I think he's picked up a couple bee stings the last couple of days cause he sure doesn't like the back yard any more.

Me I keep bouncing from one project to the next as I get bored but otherwise things are pretty good, but I do wish that the damn grass would stop growing.

thinking about pulling my 3d printer out and see if i can get it to work, I put it to soak in the front bedroom about 9 months ago, hopefully the long rest will of done it some good. I need it working as I have a part that I need to print to see if it will work.

cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

What was going on with your 3d printer that it was having problems? Ive built a few and probably could help figure out what's going on with it. As for the cad software, I do like freecad, but an older version tho for my stuff, and I could probably do up some videos or something to explain how to do some of the stuff with it for you. Im no good at the 2D drawing part of doing print out blueprints in it, but for doing the 3d models, thats pretty easy to do imo.

hey mite, we're good here, allergy season has been hell this year so havent really done much except working on rebuilding my furnace and made a new forge, but other than that, nothing new really, lol. Im glad to hear everyone is staying safe out there, it's defenitely been a crazy year out there, and it's getting bad to the point that Im starting to feel sane, and that's a scary thought, lol.
dallen

Post by dallen »

biggest problem is probably me, actually I was going to put 8mm acme screws on it so I tore it apart them in the middle of that decided to straighten up the wiring and never got back to finishing it.

plus I was having hell with the filament breaking, which may be due to the filament that I have being pretty old but still sealed in plastic bags.

I'm ok with the cad program that I have and can figure out most problems by going and finding a video that shows me how dumb I am most of the time. Deal with the cad stuff is that I don't use it enough to keep the commands located in the smart part of my brain. I tried Freecad just could not for some reason come to grips with the way that it does things, have been looking at trying fusion 360 but not sure if I want to start trying to learn a new program.