Cincinnati Shaper

All About Showing Off, This is why we do what we do.
Jammer

Re: Cincinnati Shaper

Post by Jammer »

I had a glass drip oiler, but I'm not sure if I still have it or where it might be. If I come across it, I'll let you know.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
dallen

Post by dallen »

Jammer that would be great

here's some more photo's of what I been messing around with, I went ahead and poured the part out of aluminum to see how it would do looks good now if it machines out so it will fit I'll make one out of cast iron, this part has a wear issue for something made out of aluminum, where it rocks back and forth on the shaft. then I guess I could put in some bronze bushings to take care of that or even press in a sleave made from cast I have some window weights that are big enough to turn round that would make a bushing.

and the camera hog
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

I would love to know what the shop monster is thinking :lol:

Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
dallen

Post by dallen »

its probably you don't quite taking my picture I'm gonna kick your butt. hes a turd but I like him. The hot weather has been kicking both or butts since I had that Heart Attack back in May.

DA

dallen

Post by dallen »

got some more done on the new part but the more I think about it the more I think I'm not making it right anyway here's the picture

dallen

Post by dallen »

gone as far as I'm going to go with this part, to make a long story shorter I don't like it.

here's what I did today, I finished all the machine work an then decided that it needed a bushing in it so I turned one out of a hunk of window weight, then bored out the shaft hole in the ratchet, then pressed in the bushing, then rebored the bushing to size, and reinstalled it on the shaper, but I don't like it so I'm gonna start over and go a different way with it, anyway heres todays pics.

they pretty much show what was done the off color gray ring is the cast iron bushing.

DA

dallen

Post by dallen »

work what I did today on the shaper, I worked on a handle for the backgear shifter which like other things was broken off so that all that was on the shaper was the hub of the handle.

dallen

Post by dallen »

did a bunch of digging on the internet yesterday and found a better picture that shows the part without a skirt on it and that it only fits the shaft at one point which is about 3/4" wide. so basically I have pretty much copied the original except that mines a lot heftier casting. Nice thing is I only have to leave one half of the pattern out of the mold to be pretty close to what the original was I THINK (there's that I'm thinking again gets me in trouble all the time)

Anyway the handle I was able to use some box knife blades and get the two halves split apart on the glue line. good thing this only has to make one or two parts as the joint between the handle and the boss is only like 3/16 of an inch, will post photo later after some cleanup.

Also knocked out a brass knob for the ratchet last knight

dallen

Post by dallen »

the shifter handle

mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Well done Dave, Your a very skilled individual , I enjoy watching you and your projects :)

Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)