Cast iron melt

All About Showing Off, This is why we do what we do.
mite5255

Re: Cast iron melt

Post by mite5255 »

When I'm casting wife is in the bedroom watching me on the security camera :lol:just to make sure I stay safe plus I can throw a stone into the grounds of the local hospital where I live, problem is the part of the hospital were the stone lands is the loony bit part :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll:
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

My wife just yells out the door... "You Still Alive Out There!!"
She just wants to know whether to call the squad or the coroner.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Careful they dont get to know you Mike.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
dallen

Post by dallen »

Harry wrote:Yeah I dont get that level of concern around here, The Wife rarely comes out to the shop. Heck my biggest concern is that any injury isnt too great to make it back into the house because I am pretty certain after a day or two she would come check on me ;)

Iron is a bit of goal here also. Not interested in the smelting part as its just so cheap to pick up scrap. Well worth the investment for a good crucible though.

Irons one of them monsters that can cause you to pull out what little bit of hair that you have left and just go mad, until you figure it out, which I haven't still trying to though.

but your right it takes a good crucible, I use the Silicon Carbide ones from Mifco, believe me there's nothing more dishearting then pulling a crucible full of water thin molten cast iron out of the furnace and see it pouring out of a hole in the side of the crucible, was able to finish the pour before I lost too much of it.

One bit of advise is if your going to do Iron, find yourself a Bounce house blower, your going to need a ton of air.

DA
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette