Lucille Ball Statue

All About Showing Off, This is why we do what we do.
mite5255

Lucille Ball Statue

Post by mite5255 »

Words fail me :shock: No mater what I make, and whether I think there is nothing wrong with the item, a disgruntle customer can ruin your business, and this statue looks absolutely nothing like Lucille Ball

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... latestnews
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
bunyip

Re: Lucille Ball Statue

Post by bunyip »

Well Mike, that looks like an extremely poor attempt at Bart Cummings !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( our American friends won't have a clue who I'm referring to ) Cheers Trev.
On top down under
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

That's the ugliest statue I've seen, let alone who it's supposed to be. Someone said the wife of the "Creature from the black lagoon". I can't believe it's been there since 2009. Didn't anyone look at the work in progress?
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

I recently posted a piece in a sculpture forum I frequent in answer to a guy who wanted to know the secret to selling large public sculpture. What I told him was that basically there are two kinds of outdoor public sculpture—government/civic work, and big office buildings. As in most all government work, there is almost no concern for quality. It's mostly politics. Does the person in charge have a brother in law who is a sculptor? Would the theme of the piece help him to get re-elected? (Women, Indians, and Blacks are a good bet for this right now.) I could go on, but you get the picture. As Ringo Starr once famously said, "Everything the government touches turns to shit."

Richard
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

bunyip wrote:Well Mike, that looks like an extremely poor attempt at Bart Cummings !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( our American friends won't have a clue who I'm referring to ) Cheers Trev.
Shit mate, what do you have against poor old Bart :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
bunyip

Post by bunyip »

Nothing against the King of turf Mike. Just saying.
On top down under
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

Un-f###ing-believable!! The jackass' that carved that POS had to have gotten the commission through nepotism and successfully hid their efforts till it was installed. These asswipes need their names to go viral for recognition of what they did and outright dared to charge half the commission's price to supposedly fix it. If they couldn't do the job worth a damn in the first place there's no way in hell they'd be able to fix that, much less do another of any better quality. It's assholes like this that give the real artists a bad rep to have to work past.
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Seems when I saw this story the original sculpture was supposed to have been donated, in any case it was a pretty bad likeness not to mention awkwardly posed and should have never of been installed.

I do agree that things like this would make it more difficult for a working artist, the ones who should have gotten the recognition are the council members who approved it, someone had to have seen the finished sculpture before it was placed.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller