Mermorial Plaque

All About Showing Off, This is why we do what we do.
mite5255

Mermorial Plaque

Post by mite5255 »

A few years back there was a car accident at the back of our place, in the car was the driver, her elderly mother plus the drivers daughter, they were leaving the hospital when something happened and they crossed the road at speed and hit a tree about about 30ft directly from our back fence, killing the elderly lady, there is always flowers and such placed at the tree...Since I've been doing the casting I always thought I should make a small plaque and attach to the tree, so I did....During the flood earlier this month there were two vehicles washed off a bridge just out of town, I'll also attached a plaque to the memorial that has been placed at the bridge, I hope no one from the local council drives by as I'm drill a hole in their bridge :roll:

When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
dallen

Re: Mermorial Plaque

Post by dallen »

nice, would say go tell the council what your up to but they probably wouldn't like it cause they didn't think of it.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

dallen wrote:nice, would say go tell the council what your up to but they probably wouldn't like it cause they didn't think of it.
Yes Dave that's a fact, not only that I'd prefer to do it all anonymously anyway...The plaque is not finished quite to the standed that I normally finish plaques ether.
Last edited by mite5255 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
dallen

Post by dallen »

I won't tell anyone that your going to start running around in the middle of the night with a Hilti gun and pocket full of nails attaching plaques to bridges and such.

Great idea by the way.

Be neat to put up a wifi camera someplace close to the one you put on the tree and watch as people stop and read it.

DA

mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Yes it would Dave, especially if it was a close family member of the deceased, they would be wondering, who did this ;)
dallen

Post by dallen »

nice job on the plaque anyway, you make the pattern of hire it done?

DA

mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

I get Foundry Joe to make them
dallen

Post by dallen »

I need to get one of them poly patterns for a trailer hitch for the fire and PD here where I'm at, been thinking about it, or maybe getting jammer to set me up some code and drag out the router see if I can get some use out of it.

DA

Jammer

Post by Jammer »

There is someone in Michigan that is making plates. At least a little closer. We might be able to go together and make up a full sheet, makes it cheaper. I'll price it with FJ's wife might be cheaper from your side of the world Mike.

Never mind, Foundry Joe is in Michigan.. :oops: for some reason I thought they were in Australia.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

After thinking about it, I would probably make my own pattern for a "one of" plaque. For a polymer plate I would make up something that would sell multiple copies like a fireman or police plate.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)