The China Doll

All About Showing Off, This is why we do what we do.
Rasper

The China Doll

Post by Rasper »

I posted the following in another thread months ago. I have been making her mold now.
_________________________________________________________________________________
I am putting the finishing touches on one of my girls. The other one is ready to mold. I want to mold both at the same time. When I open the polyurethane rubber I like to use it all up within a couple of days. This hot humid air I live in is death to opened polyurethane. I have a spray can of the X-Tendit that is supposed to help prevent this, but it doesn't help much. Here is the China Doll

And ready to mold.

It takes a lot of clay to make clay dams like this, but I had the good fortune, back when Dick Blick was selling Kleen Klay for a dollar a pound, to buy about fifty pounds of it. Kleen Klay has since gone out of business. It's sulfur free so you don't have to worry about rubber molds.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Now for today's action. I have made a polyurethane mold of the front of her, and the plaster mother mold. I am ready to make the rubber mold of her backside tomorrow.

Richard
mite5255

Re: The China Doll

Post by mite5255 »

How cool is this, two at once to watch ;) ;) :) :) :)
I would just love to be in yours and Franks shop just to watch and learn :) :)
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Oh and I would wonder over to the fridge as required to get any required refreshments HE HE HE
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

These days I am drinking a beer called "Old Style" made by the Heillman Brewery in Milwaukee in the United States. (In fact, I am drinking one right now.) One of our supermarket chains here imports it and sells tons of it. It costs 39 pesos for six, which is $2.10 in US Dollars, or $2.96 in Oz Dollars. I saw it there for several years but never tried it because it was so cheap, until a friend gave me one.

Richard
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

Her back got the polyurethane rubber today.

R
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Wow $2.96 au, the brew that I drink is called XXXX gold and I pay about $46.00 au for a 30 pack of cans , and it too early for me at 1130, the auto lock( joke ) on our drinks fridge under our back pergola opens at 1700
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

The China Doll is now in wax. I got it right on the second try. This is how she came out of the mold.

The plan is to invest her on Thursday and begin burn out. Probably three days in the burn out kiln, and then we pour hot metal. Sounds like Monday.

Richard
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I'm glad someone has nice enough weather to get some work done. Warmed up here but now we have tornado warnings. I think it just moved out of David's area.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

We are having an unusually warm winter here. Normally I wear a sweatshirt on my 6:30 am morning walks in January and early February. This year it's just a long sleeve shirt. The great thing about where I live is, due to the close proximity of a 13,000 foot mountain range, we have absolutely no rain between mid October and mid May. You can plan your life around it. You can leave the top down on your car for seven months.

On a more sober note, I must have been under the influence of something powerful when I even dreamed I would be investing the China Doll on Thursday. Here it is Friday evening and I am still chasing the wax and fabricating the sprue system. The only constraint is that I have an exhibition on Saturday the 20th. The first pour had better be a good one.

Richard
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Rasper wrote:
On a more sober note, I must have been under the influence of something powerful when I even dreamed I would be investing the China Doll on Thursday.
Richard
Is the Old Style Ales rather strong Richard ;) ;) The wax looks fanbloodytastic tho :) :)