belt buckle

Creations to please the eye, where form trumps over function.
mite5255

Re: belt buckle

Post by mite5255 »

Harry wrote:Sorry Mike, just a crude joke on my part... 13 inches would make for easy employment in lets say "blue" movies while 13 cm probably wouldnt get a casting.
Bloody hell Harry there is no need to say sorry lol I just couldn't work out what you meant, I had a good chuckle when I read you explanation :lol:

Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

Ha Ha Would you like something a bit more permant? You could borrow my #13...... Branding iron :mrgreen: :lol: :twisted:
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Nudge wrote:Ha Ha Would you like something a bit more permant? You could borrow my #13...... Branding iron :mrgreen: :lol: :twisted:
only if the whips and chains come with the branding iron Nudge :lol:
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

only if the whips and chains come with the branding iron Nudge
Would you like to borrow my wife too? She likes leather :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

On the other thread you say (Dallen)
but hell I can't even get red hot brass to run into 40 degree sand, stuff chokes up and spoiled another buckle casting. DAMN COLD WEATHER

Have you tried heating the mould just before you close it up? Maybe open up the loop part a little bit and then clean it up after doingthe casting.

I hear your pain with this casting. I am up to casting #11 with my cannon now. :roll:
dallen

Post by dallen »

Oh I plan on trying again but, right now I am trying to finish closing up a wall on my house, I had an extra hour yesterday so I thought why not, I was cold tired and basicly teed off at just about everything having to do with carpentry. so I went out and proceeded to play for a bit. Sand was dry as all get out but rammed up really nice, the problem was, it was just too cold, which I didn't give a thought to till I saw the pour choke off. The metal was hot enough it wasn't sticking to a medium red hot #3 rebar so I know it was hot. I can have it melted and fluid at 13 psi on the gas, I jacked it up to 16 cause of the cold air temp, stuff was like water in the crucible. I been using a new flux I got when I let some melt on top for a cover you can see it dancing on the metal. so now I know cold weather heat up the sand, which will not only help with the pour but make it easier on my old hands (froze the hell out of em up in Alaska one winter when it was about 45 below) they don't like cold weather.

The flux the I, in my infinite wisdom left outside the other day that it rained I guess is ok it didn't clump up and seems to do what it was meant to do cause it was what I used last night and I couldn't tell any difference between the first time I used it and after it spent the night outside in the rain with no lid on the jar in a plastic bag with the end cut open.

I gated into the belt loop with about a 3/8 inch wide gate, and vented out the rim of the buckle about the same. it poured thru both sides of the loop into the body of the buckle, if the sand had of been warm it might of filled (just my thoughts) but I don't have any proof that it would of so its back to the molding bench, hopefully tomorrow. I am out of splinters and they won't deliver my order till Monday or Tuesday when its suppose to be raining like the second coming of Noah and the second coming of the Ark.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Nudge wrote:
Would that be sheeps skin leather Nudge 8-)
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

mite5255 wrote:
Nudge wrote:
Would that be sheeps skin leather Nudge 8-)
Nothing but the best! :D
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

In years passed when I had a GS 750 Suzuki I had made a sheep skin seat cover for it a Kiwi bike mate of mine sat on it his eyes then rolled to the back of his head and I thought I was going get a stain on the seat :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Mike