Da Queen

Creations to please the eye, where form trumps over function.
bunyip

Re: Da Queen

Post by bunyip »

Howdy Richard, I said in an earlier post that I like the bald look; well, I do in the original colour. Now, I think I'm in love, she now looks brilliant !!!!!!!!!! the patina suits her so well. Well, brother, you should be so proud of you'r achievment with this sculpture. 8-) 8-)
On top down under
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Dallen, he's probably going to Disneyworld!!! Just bask in the glow for a while.
She looks great. I forget, is she a real interpretation of a certain Queen or your own creation from your brain? 8-)
After watching this thread develop and the work you put in, I see why some sculptures are so expensive. You have more patience than I do, I probably would have quit months ago. :roll:
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

All I can say is WOW :D
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

Jerry asked:
is she a real interpretation of a certain Queen or your own creation from your brain?
I had an image that I began with. Queen Tetishari.

This is a painting of a stone statue. The statue is chipped badly so the painter fixed it up. I liked something about it. I didn't like her; she looks kind of disagreeable, but the idea I liked.

And i used this gal as a model for her head. I made a few changes in that as well.

Richard
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Absolutely incredible Richard, are those hair braids the same you were working on a few years ago? I remember you working out lots of kinks in casting something like that back then.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

Yes. Those braids are what I cut my foundry teeth on.

Casting something that thin and long is a bit of a problem. I found that red brass works much better for that than does silicon bronze. I must have cast 200 of them to get enough good ones to use.

She has been a long process. I have done a lot of other things in between work on her.

Richard
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Wow, I thought you were well along in your casting when you were workin on those. Cool though, glad I picked up on that because it really shows what you have put into this.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

The Gal you used as a model, is she someone that you know, or was it from a photo....Nice patina Richard :) What did you used to get that effect

Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)