A New Girl In the Works

Creations to please the eye, where form trumps over function.
dallen

Re: A New Girl In the Works

Post by dallen »

how hard is this gal going to be to cast, I assume that your going to do it with her vertical??

like the hand also,

DA
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

Yes vertical The investment will be 16 inches diameter and 30 inches tall.

The hardest part will be making the polyurethane rubber mold. It takes some planning. I plan on four pieces. One large piece over the top. A second of her back where it is exposed, the third piece a little chunk between her chin and her left shoulder, and the fourth under her right arm, so that I will be able to get the mold off of her arm when I pour the wax.

The thickness of the casting will be uniform. She should cast easily.

Richard
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I certainly get that Richard re going the last 20% in many things, not only for appearance but often times functionality. So much stuff from an age gone by that still performs great while the modern day counterparts are considered disposable.

Since you use rubber molds in a lot of your castings do you ever do multiples? Almost seems a waste not to with all of the work getting to the mold but then there is the there is only one of these in the world aspect.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

I haven't been working in the foundry. I have been upstairs in the studio working on clay models.

The New Girl is progressing, albeit slowly. She is taking a new twist. Not so complacent now.

One can only imagine where she is going.

Also another Newer Girl is well under way. More abstract in form. Photographs maybe tomorrow.

Richard
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

She looks terrific, Rasper... Nice work!! Would love to see more of that piece.
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

She is progressing.

And the China Doll is coming along.

Richard
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Fantastic :) I love watching these statues come to life :)
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

VERY NICE!! She's a beaut!! Get online and look up a company by the name of PolyTek... they offer a wide range of mold making products that will astound you with the simplicity and durability of the molds you can make with their products. They also TOTALLY understand the processes involved in duplicating art via molds and can advise you which product will serve you best and provide instruction on its use if needed. Further, they can also advise what product to use to give you the best duplication within a tight budget. AND FURTHER... they will send you "FREE" samples of their products for you to toy with and see for yourself how beneficial it'll be. Their prices are terrific, as well, and their delivery is instantaneous, damn near overnight from the time they get your order, but it's the same day they respond to your order which speaks volumes of their good customer service. Click on their "request for a "free catalog and price list" and you'll have it in a couple days. Along with that will come a list of products they'll send free samples for you to try. ;)
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

The New Girl has had a mold made. But first she had some arm surgery. The prospect of making a multi piece mold to accommodate that arm was an ugly prospect.

Here she is in mid process.

mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Looking good Richard, as usual :) is the brown coating on the girl silicone
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)