A New Girl In the Works

Creations to please the eye, where form trumps over function.
Rasper

A New Girl In the Works

Post by Rasper »

She is in oil based clay now.

I am making an ear.

I have an exhibition on February 20 that I want to put her in. We will see.

I will make a polyurethane mold as soon as I get her mouth and eyes right.

Richard
mite5255

Re: A New Girl In the Works

Post by mite5255 »

I sometimes worry about you Richard, you seem to have this fascination with woman, oh hang on :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Looks fantastic Richard, I'll wait in anticipation waiting for the finish product :D
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

It wasn't her mouth and eyes. It was her nose. Once i slimmed it down and then cut it off and moved it over, she looks quite fetching.

Richard
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

How big is the model Richard
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

It's 23 inches long. (58.5 cm)

I used to put a cigarette pack in photographs so people could tell the scale of the piece, but somewhere along the road I forgot to do it. I shall start doing that again.

Richard
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

That would help, placing a can of your favorite beverage would also help ;) ;)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Pictures are not showing up for me for some reason. Two weeks from this post to wanting to have her in a show though is some serious time crunch, hope your exhibition went well.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

Rather than settle for less than total satisfaction with her, I decided to slow down and get her exactly right. Instead I assembled a quick and dirty piece in just a few days. It's about 3 feet tall (1 meter).

Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Always best to not rush Richard, I read something a few days ago where the person was talking about the 80% is good enough for most things where that last 20% just doesnt give the return on investment usually being cosmetic. In art that last 20% is everything, it is where the piece pulls together and where the feeling flows in. The first 80% is often drudgery and less than pleasing to the eye. In a piece of machinery or equipment folks are split as long as it functions the same, some like the shine and consider the equipment art in itself where others simply want it to work as well as it can and move on to using it to create what they really wanted.

Nice sculpture there, I was thinking if there was a little more gap between the index finger and thumb you could line up with someone in the distance for the head squishy thing :D
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

I read something a few days ago where the person was talking about the 80% is good enough for most things where that last 20% just doesnt give the return on investment usually being cosmetic.
And that is exactly why our world looks like it does today. I remember in a book by Eric Sloane, he was saying how communities two hundred years ago used to plan their roads so they wound through the countryside and had groves of trees alongside, so that traveling on the roads was a pleasure in itself. People went out of their way to make the land they lived in beautiful so it was a pleasure just to be there.

Richard