Aluminum Flask

Where function is king.
Jeff Clark

Re: Aluminum Flask

Post by Jeff Clark »

Im with you on the cope and drag, I was thinking the same thing right from the first molding I did with them. I did get a lerning experience last evening, for starters I purchased some actual certified 356 casting alloy what a difference that makes!! but I tried a taller raiser on a hard poring part and it made so much psi it poped my mold... If my cope would have more material I would have had a perfect part, so my sunday task is a new flask..
Pour Naked!
dallen

Post by dallen »

always clamp or weight the mold so it can't float, molten metal with tall risers creates some pretty good head pressure, sooo no pouring in sandals like I .........

I need to cut my original pattern down in width and pour up some more parts, actually need to cut it down and shoot for pouring some good enough to keep as masters.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Jeff Clark

Post by Jeff Clark »

Im a sandal and short type a guy, well the other day I made a pour in my summer gear, I had no issues but after I thought that was real stupid, I have gear at my toy box but didnt have a spare set of boots so it was in sandals, I know have a extra set of boots there just in case..
Pour Naked!
dallen

Post by dallen »

hello, glad to see a little life around here was beginning to think everyone had pulled a Harry. you ever wonder where Harry went!!!

kinda like the Pepsodent commercials back when they use to use the jingle wonder where the yellow went.

Jeff Clark

Post by Jeff Clark »

I hear ya, I check in from time to time and a bit quiet, ill have to take some pics of new projects tonight and post things up!
Pour Naked!
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

Yeah, where is Harry? I know he goes away sometimes but this is weird. I looked in his info file on the forum and the last time he signed here was March 18.

R
dallen

Post by dallen »

I won't say its not like him cause I don't know, I know that he would get backed up with work in his foundry, or with family stuff and not be around for a while but this is like where in the world is Harry.

I know one member that said he won't be back because of some problem with his post not showing up and when they did it taking weeks, so Bob said to hell with it if that was the way he was going to be treated.

I starting to wonder of Harry might of had a spill or something that has laid him up and he's not able to do the forum thing now, I don't know if Harry had any other Moderator's or not but someone needs to watch the board.

Jeff, I got my pattern cut down finally used a friends bandsaw to take them down so that I loose 3/4 of and inch in height and move the handles closer together and I will have right and left hand handles now, I have one tacked down on a piece of plywood hope to get the other one tacked down soon as I do that I will pour and post a photo. If this will work I hope to make an aluminum master to keep of each one.

DA