Clutch Covers

Where function is king.
Jeff Clark

Clutch Covers

Post by Jeff Clark »

Here are some of my covers a couple new models added, Ill do a pattern post later, now im verry new to casting but with the help of my new friends here have molding and my melt skills sharpened alot!! The covers are for vintage mini bikes, to protect your foot and ankle from the clutch and drive chain, for people that collect and restore them they are always missing. and yes there are alot of people out there restoring vintage mini bikes... Im also working on some verry rare car parts castings fun stuff and thanks for the help guys!!

Pour Naked!
bunyip

Re: Clutch Covers

Post by bunyip »

Reckon I'm envious or jealous, maybe both. Nicely done Jeff !!
On top down under
dallen

Post by dallen »

man you got them looking good, wish I could get my cast to shine like that, which reminds me I gotta go tack down some pattern pieces.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Jeff Clark

Post by Jeff Clark »

Thanks guys I have only been casting for 4 months now but I can get a bit ocdish figuring things out...
Pour Naked!
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

Those are very NICE!! Question: How do they mount? I see no bolt holes or means by which to affix them to any other component. Any chance of seeing one installed on one of them bikes?
Jeff Clark

Post by Jeff Clark »

They mount by drilling holes in the flange area, I have the location for the stock mounting holes but most people want to drill their own holes depending on what engine they run. This bike was just restored by a friend and is sporting one of my covers.

Pour Naked!
dallen

Post by dallen »

nice looking job, bet their not hard to find hiding in people backyards and garages rusting away.

Jeff Clark

Post by Jeff Clark »

Some models are quite rare, around here you can find them from time to time, thats how I got into casting I needed a clutch cover and a buddy lent me one so I could make a copy, then I began adding more models. Its refreshing making a part available that has not been in 40 years, and I can actually make a few bucks from them I need to figure out more parts to make though you can only sell so many covers... at first I was getting 100 per cover, but now im going to sell them to a store for 75ea and they retail them and deal with shipping and all the bs....
Pour Naked!
Jeff Clark

Post by Jeff Clark »

This is my Meyers cover I just finished, basically like a Taco or Zebra cover but no script, it was a easy pattern to make just took a second taco cover ground it down a little bondo and new part number. This is a cast finish unit how they came in 68

Pour Naked!
dallen

Post by dallen »

nice, nothing fancy just nice and clean great cast Jeff