Clutch Covers

Where function is king.
mite5255

Re: Clutch Covers

Post by mite5255 »

Those parts look fantastic

Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Jeff Clark

Post by Jeff Clark »

This is my new part I actually tooled the pattern last fall but I finally finished one, it is another clutch cover for early Taco mini bikes its rewarding making parts that have not been avaiable for over 30 years

Pour Naked!
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Looks very professional, is there a market for them? How does it fasten on the bike?
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Jeff Clark

Post by Jeff Clark »

Jammer wrote:Looks very professional, is there a market for them? How does it fasten on the bike?

There is a larger market than some may think. Im into old cars motorcycles etc I like to focus on parts that has a market but not a large enough market that a major company wants to deal with. The covers use a L shape bracket and drill the side to mount.
Pour Naked!
dallen

Post by dallen »

nice work Jeff
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I looked up Taco bikes on google, there are some parts sites. I saw some covers like yours, I hope they were yours. he ones with Taco on the side. Someplace in California.
I'm trying to get in with some of the local hotrodders to do some custon stuff. Trying to stay low key right now, I couldn't handle a rush of 200 orders before the next show. I would hate to say no, but I would have to limit my production. I have apparently lost my helper to teenage hormones. I'll have to find another buddy for casting, auction hunting, and to be my minion for meanal tasks around the shop. Maybe the last one is why he hasn't been around..?? :roll:

Sorry, I missed the mounting answer earlier. I have onset of Sometimers, I remember stuff sometimes.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

Ive just gone back to the start of this thread and had a look at the bike. I have one that is just about the same. over the years Ive put 3 motors on it (I keep blowing them up) It has now got a 10hp robin on it, it has so much torque I can lift the front wheel :)
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!