I need help with a pic

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
Nudge

I need help with a pic

Post by Nudge »

I cant get the pic of my hand small enough to put in as my avatar :?
what is the best way to get it small enough?
this is the pic
I also have it on my pc so I can email it to someone if needed.
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!
4cylndrfury

Re: I need help with a pic

Post by 4cylndrfury »

I just use ms paint and keep resizing it by percentage until its the right size. If the file data size is too big, im no help there.
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"
-Leonardo Di Vinci

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near...."
-Jim Morrison
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Google will give up all kinds of sites that resize pictures, heres one.

Here is you image at 90 px wide which is the limit on this board.
phpmr57mQAM.jpg
phpmr57mQAM.jpg (2.13 KiB) Viewed 2701 times
That page like here you can like here on the forum upload an image from the web, well kind of. The browser takes care of getting it from the web and it uploads from your temporary files. In this case I right clicked you picture above and chose copy image location then on the posting page

upload attachments->browse->right click and paste->open

Then add the file button and place inline. I did have to download the smaller image from that resizing site because it was just a link to it instead of the actual picture. The process is kind of handy though for bringing in pictures you already have on photobucket or elsewhere so the forum will do its job of making smaller images linked to the large versions.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

Thanks for that :D
As you can see it worked
I think that I will also keep the link for that resize program :)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You can just google resize picture any time Nudge and get a grip of sites that will all do the same thing. I send family members to those sites all the time, being the one in the family everyone calls when they cant figure out how to something on the computer.

Funny story, one time one of my brothers calls and asks for me but I wasnt here. Well it was my youngest that answered and she was about 7 or 8 at the time. He had mentioned he had a computer problem and when my daughter told him I wasnt here she also said whats the problem maybe I can help. Turned out to be something she knew how to do (my kids have been using computers since before they could walk, you know that stage where they pull themselves up on everything? Well they would pull themselves up on my desk and hang on with one hand and beat the keyboard with the other), so she walks him through fixing his computer and from then on when he would call he would ask for her first and she would often know the answer to help him.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

That sounds a bit like Jacob, my son. He is only 5 and he can already type a letter on the pc and print it :roll: and as far as the games go he is better than me :oops: