moving forward in the world

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
archaic caster

moving forward in the world

Post by archaic caster »

Well I've not been very active lately as most of you could tell. Well that's because I was busy graduating from high school and searching for a job/career. Well boy howey have I found one. The local shipyard that builds some of the gov's subs and only nuclear carriers has offered me a job at their foundry. This was a godsend to me a dream job. My motto was always do what you love and love what you do and you will never work a day in your life. As far as job security goes they just revived the foundry and are getting money to bring it all back to life. :o they are also going to be highering 70 people over the next year.. best off its all old fashoned in a modern kind of way. No automation :D. I had to stop and check myself over when I had the tour/interview to make sure I hadent died and gone to heaven :P
dallen

Re: moving forward in the world

Post by dallen »

archaic caster wrote:Well I've not been very active lately as most of you could tell. Well that's because I was busy graduating from high school and searching for a job/career. Well boy howey have I found one. The local shipyard that builds some of the gov's subs and only nuclear carriers has offered me a job at their foundry. This was a godsend to me a dream job. My motto was always do what you love and love what you do and you will never work a day in your life. As far as job security goes they just revived the foundry and are getting money to bring it all back to life. :o they are also going to be highering 70 people over the next year.. best off its all old fashoned in a modern kind of way. No automation :D. I had to stop and check myself over when I had the tour/interview to make sure I hadent died and gone to heaven :P
Think you can floor mold a prop for a aircraft carrier?

Kuddos on the new job,

David
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Congrats and really great to hear the excitement in your post. Dont let the drudgery of a "job" stifle your enthusiasm for casting. Great that you are getting in early on something that is growing, be sure to show them your stuff and stay motivated and always ready to do whatever is asked and you will be running the place in no time at all :)
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Way to go! Keep at it and ask questions. Make them think they are the experts.:)
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)