back to casting

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
blindpig

back to casting

Post by blindpig »

I'm wondering if or when I'll get back to casting!! Reckon I'm just whining 'cause "honeydo" has caught up with me yet again. Started with vinyl tiles on the sun porch lookin' like potato chips this past winter(dang floors been down for over 5 years and just now acting up,go figure). Anyway I'm trying to re- cement them now that they have relaxed in the heat we are having and then gonna' apply couple of coats of sealer over the whole thing(and hope that works).Meantime my favorite wife thought it'd be a good idea to pull up the carpet in the dinning room and the linoleum in the kitchen and replace them with laminate flooring.Now about half way through with both vinyl and laminate. The actual flooring work ain't so bad but gitten' up and down is becoming a problem as my ole' knees are feeling the strain....Anyone have a good liniment they would recomend ( that's liniment not laminate) LOL!
Am keeping my spirits up 'cause this too shall pass and casting won't be far behind.....
Don
dallen

Re: back to casting

Post by dallen »

I can go borrow some of the nebighor gals horse liniment, for you. She uses it on her horses says what it don't cure it'll kill, only other thing I can suggest is some really soft knee pads.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I didnt know you could even get that any more, I remember when I was a kid old folks using it for aches and pains. I thought they took it off the market because people figured out it could carry drugs through the skin but then I could be quite wrong on this.

Done with the honey do's its time to melt :) Hope the ole joints get smoothed out Don.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

Meantime my favorite wife
Could you get your not so favorite wife to help, while your favorite wife rubs your knees :lol:

Good luck with it :D
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!
4cylndrfury

Post by 4cylndrfury »

yeah, once I learned how to install porcelain tile, EVERYONE wants me to do it now. A pair of fairly high end knee pads, and good planning to avoid having to get up a bunch, have paid off! I also bough a very small backpack and wear it backwards when Im working on the floor, and I have easy access to tools without having to get up.

But I hear ya on the no casting thing...since I started my new job, I havent had much free time. And I now need to get myself back into college to finish my degree (the new employer said I will get a 15% raise once I finish my degree...time to get crackin!!!). Basically, I wont have much time for casting for the next year in my approximation. But I have been working on Ideas and sketches so once the time frees up, I will have plenty to work on. Not to mention that I want to build a slightly bigger, and better insulated furnace, and my HVAC burner needs fixed, and I want to try my hand at a compressorless siphon burner like Harry has been working on....plenty of stuff to do and never enough time lol

-Drew
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"
-Leonardo Di Vinci

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near...."
-Jim Morrison
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I'm hooked on Bio-Freeze rub, it feels good and smells good, clears the sinuses. Make sure you wash you hands before you use the bathroom.. :shock: :roll:
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
dallen

Post by dallen »

Harry wrote:I didnt know you could even get that any more, I remember when I was a kid old folks using it for aches and pains. I thought they took it off the market because people figured out it could carry drugs through the skin but then I could be quite wrong on this.

Done with the honey do's its time to melt :) Hope the ole joints get smoothed out Don.
Go to the drug store get yourself a bottle of Witchhazel some alcohal, and a LIttle mineral oil or lanolin, if you want to make it into a cream put the Whtchhazel and the Aclcohal into a blender and drizzle in the oil it will turn to a cream after a while when it gets full of oil an ai. Don't put it on and then take a hot shower.

Thats what a Chroipractor that I used to go to sold, damn stuff was warm.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Jammer wrote:I'm hooked on Bio-Freeze rub, it feels good and smells good, clears the sinuses. Make sure you wash you hands before you use the bathroom.. :shock: :roll:
Hehe... wonder how Jammer knows this :lol:

David, sounds like a good brew... it is amazing how all these old remedy things went away in favor of big box store colorful packages and I am pretty sure many of them were as if not more effective than their modern counterparts. My wife and I stopped in to a new oriental tea store some time back and she picked up some sleepytime tea. Stuff looks like weeds to me she says it tastes about like it looks but you know when she has a cup or two of it before bed she doesnt snore at night.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller