Christmas

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
dallen

Christmas

Post by dallen »

I hope that everyone got those new furnaces that everyone has been looking at in the cataglogs. I got mine but the fat guy in the red suit left it in kit form.

And that everyone made it through the holiday safe and well.

David Allen
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Bill Toomey

Re: Christmas

Post by Bill Toomey »

Merry Christmas!
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Merry Christmas, Its a real bitch when he does that :?
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Happy New Year!!!

:D :) ;) 8-) :lol: :!:
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Back at ya Ben, plan on a couple of cocktails and watch the ball drop. The wife gets home from work just a little before midnight so we are always up these days. Heck we eat dinner then most nights.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

HAPPY NEW YEAR To everyone

Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
dallen

Post by dallen »

happy new year everyone, I gotta go see if I can pick up the flask that I just rammed full of sand, 15X19X5.5 deep its gonna be a load to pick up.

Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Dont strain yourself on that David, laid up is no way to start the new year. That is probably a little over 100 lbs, I know my 15" square flask is real close to 100 lbs for both sides at 6" thick. I set the molds up on the pouring bench (piece of steel on a couple of cinder blocks so it is about 9" high) one side at a time but when I move them to the shakeout bench I pick up the whole thing and it is a bit of a grunt. Loads easier now that I dont put them right on the floor though.

Foundry 2.0 will definitely have a raised pouring floor area to eliminate all of the bending. IIRC you pour on a pretty high bench so that will help.

Heres to hoping all of you guys have a prosperous year.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
dallen

Post by dallen »

well I got it rammed up took almost all the oil sand I had mixed up, but with all the little things like having to add keys to the flask, cooking BBQ, visiting with the neighbor. Got caught in the dark.
Yes I pour most heavy items on a sorta bench, some bar grate set on two high concrete blocks.

Problem with ramming this big flask was I did it on top of the muller which is like waist high, should of done it on top of the piece of pipe that was left from the muller its 24" high wouldn't of had to pick all that sand up from so high. I don't know what each half weights all I know is that its damn heavy.

Anyway I got it on the bench set the two halves back together need to cut a sprue hole then if the winds isn't blowing like hell I'll melt some aluminum and pour in it before going to the gun show.

I normally leave the flask right where I rammed it up to pour which is on top of the muller unless its a really big pour like this or I'm pouring cast iron, then I pour in the bench because unless I have a full crucible of iron it cools off pretty fast, but I am going to have to change things around when I start using the A20 crucible that I have as I won't be able to pull it full of iron by myself, or pour it. so things are going to have to go overhead or I am going to have to make a pouring shank on wheels.

David

dallen

Post by dallen »

Jammer wrote:Happy New Year!!!

:D :) ;) 8-) :lol: :!:
Happy New Year Jammer