Good bye for now.

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
Jammer

Good bye for now.

Post by Jammer »

We have apparently sold our house (on the last day of the contract). We were about to settle in for winter, now we have to try to move before Christmas, actually Dec 15th. We don't have anywhere to move to yet. Going south next week to look at a couple places. Everyone wonders why we want to go south, well, I'm not working, and we only want to move once. Where ever we end up, that's going to be it. We want to find a solid house that's pretty cheap and then fix it up the way we want. I hope to find a place with a decent shop or garage, I have talked to a guy that builds metal buildings and I may go that route. Are there any casters out there near Chattanooga?? I know Metalmelter is in Nashville but that's still a couple hours away.
I'll be away from casting but I'll check in here to make sure everyone is behaving and to watch for spammers. It's been pretty quiet here.
Stay busy out there and be safe.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
davidh

Re: Good bye for now.

Post by davidh »

geeze, thats mixed news. . . good luck in your quest for a shop and house. i sincerely hope it turns out good for you. we'll be watching. . . . . . .
dallen

Post by dallen »

congrats on selling the house, timing sucks what with winter coming on and all, but hey look at it this way leastways its not going to be blazing hot when you move.

Stay in touch.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Good luck mate and I hope it all works out for you

Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Silverforge

Post by Silverforge »

Jammer- get in touch with the fellows sown in Brasstown at the John Campbell Folk School- <<Folkschool.org>> or try the William Holland Lapidary School in SC... Chatanooga TN is close (like a 1.5 hour ride)... BOTH offer networking potentials- and there are several Art and Craft councils around those parts!
John Campbell does not have a casting program... maybe YOU can convince them to get one up and running!
William Holland does ALOT of jewelry and investment, bronze casting if I remember right.

Try Penland, Arrowmont, Blue Ridge Art Council, and the TN Valley Crafters Guild (if they still exsist)... Just a thought!
Looking forward to hearing about your new digs! Be safe and as always- keep on keepin' on!

Kerri
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

Enjoy the mini vacation and good luck finding somewhere to settle down...
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

Wow... I cringe at the sheer mention of the word "moving'. I've done my share and then some. Starting over sucks. I wish you the best of luck my friend. Hope you lock in on something quick and get settled and back into casting again. We're here for when you get back.

Cheers.

Frank
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

Good luck with the move.
Make sure to check in from time to time so we know you are still ok .
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I look in every day to make sure you are all behaving yourselves. :D
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

How's everyone doing? I'm a man without a home, we had to move after we closed on our house and moved into a dump temporarily. This is awful, everything is still in boxes and we're in contract on a home west of Chattanooga. Hopefully we can close and move again before the end of the month. Close to the Tenn. river and Nick-a-Jack lake, far enough from Chatt. to be comfortable. South Pittsburg is the nearest town, it's supposed to be an old Iron smelting area, I'll have to do some checking. Home to Lodge Cast Iron Cookware.
Hope everyone had a great Holiday season, we didn't do much, just tried to stay warm.
I'm very limited on internet use, so I get on when I can. Be safe, Happy New Year.