Back to my foundry

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
Rasper

Back to my foundry

Post by Rasper »

I have been in California foe several months at my metal shaping shop. I made this while I was here:

I beat it out of a sheet of 22 ga. stainless, except for the rose—I made that from copper.

I am leaving tomorrow to drive to my house in Mexico. I haven't driven to Mexico since 1987. Now there are high speed toll roads that go everywhere. I have a 1980 Mercedes Benz diesel that just sits up here so I may as well take it down there. I have put 20,000 miles on it in sixteen years. I bought it from a friend, back in 1997, who bought it new. He was 90 years old then. I have a diesel Isuzu here that is indestructible. A wise automotive sage once said: "After the nuclear holocaust there will be two things left on Earth, cockroaches and Isuzu diesels."

Richard
F.C.

Re: Back to my foundry

Post by F.C. »

Beautiful craftsmanship... :)
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

That's great Richard, how big is it? Don't you tend to do things a little oversized?
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

Nice bag and rose Richard!
I like to build "Stuff" using Stuff that costs Stuff All!
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

WOW
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

Don't you tend to do things a little oversized?
I managed to control myself this time. This one is actual size.

Richard
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

Incidentally, I am finally home. Eight days on the road. From Santa Rosa, California to Laredo, Texas in five days: 2100 miles. Alpine, Texas, down in the Big Bend country was a treat. Nice town. But then there is Laredo. Imagine a town with an interstate highway straight down through the middle of it, ten miles long, with a four lane frontage road on either side, lined with nothing but big box stores, convenience stores, cheap hotels, accident lawyers, mattress wholesalers, fast food restaurants, banks, and bars. What a horror. There were more tractor trailer trucks in Laredo than I saw on the entire rest of my trip. Do yourself a favor: never, ever go to Laredo, Texas.

Driving through Mexico was a treat. We now have four lane toll roads that go everywhere. The tolls are high but well worth it.

The car:

Jammer

Post by Jammer »

That's a long drive! I drove from Seattle to Ohio, it took me about 4 days. Now it would take me over a week. :cry:
Love the Benz!
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)