Car hill climb

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
mite5255

Car hill climb

Post by mite5255 »

I think I may get around the first corner, IF I was able to get to the the 2nd I think the car would end up being a plane and come crashing down :shock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd1i1ZP3Aec
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
dallen

Re: Car hill climb

Post by dallen »

see if you would like to take a ride with this guy

David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

dallen wrote:see if you would like to take a ride with this guy

A few more safety barriers and I would :lol: plus I would need to have heard of the driver before ;)
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

You sure about that Mike? Remember this one? Same race and I'm not sure how much a bit guard rail would have help those guys.

mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Rocco wrote:You sure about that Mike? Remember this one? Same race and I'm not sure how much a bit guard rail would have help those guys.

Yep, I remember that one....When I said a bit of guard rail, I was thinking more along the lines of concrete armco from start to finish
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

mite5255 wrote:
Yep, I remember that one....When I said a bit of guard rail, I was thinking more along the lines of concrete armco from start to finish
I'm already pissed they paved the whole run and now you want 12.4 miles of armco, what fun is that?
dallen

Post by dallen »

more fun without the barriers, all you gotta do is stay on the road.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Rocco wrote:You sure about that Mike? Remember this one? Same race and I'm not sure how much a bit guard rail would have help those guys.

Rocco wrote:
mite5255 wrote:
I'm already pissed they paved the whole run and now you want 12.4 miles of armco, what fun is that?
You misunderstand, I only want the barrier IF I was the passenger or the driver trying to break the record :roll: ..... I also preferred watching it while it was all gravel, the times they're now achieving must be be damn quick, compared to before :o

Mike
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Large sections of it have been paved for years but, I think this year's running was the first time it was fully paved, Sebastian Loeb in a Peugeot 206 took a minute and a half off of the previous record with a time of 8:13.787. BTW, the winning time in the inaugural race of 1916 was 20:55.60 given the cars of that era, bloody quick and DAMNED frightening.
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Rocco wrote:Large sections of it have been paved for years but, I think this year's running was the first time it was fully paved, Sebastian Loeb in a Peugeot 206 took a minute and a half off of the previous record with a time of 8:13.787. BTW, the winning time in the inaugural race of 1916 was 20:55.60 given the cars of that era, bloody quick and DAMNED frightening.
8:13 wow
Sebastian Loeb is one of the drivers that I'd sorta feel reasonably comfortable sitting beside, it would be scary but very exhilarating at the sametime