My casting days may be over

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
mite5255

My casting days may be over

Post by mite5255 »

While I was at work today my wife had a visit from the local council, someone has put in a complaint about me metal casting in the back yard, more specifically the smells from molten metal :?.... with my oil burner i have had the flame go out and make a lot of smoke, but i shut down real quick and turn a large fan on to disperse the smoke asap, anyway my expectations are the council will shut me down or put severe restrictions on me :cry: ...Right at this moment all I want to do is get a bottle of rum plus a 2lt bottle of coke and drink them both, over 40 years since I did that trick :roll:

Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
dallen

Re: My casting days may be over

Post by dallen »

That sucks, I can understand how you feel.

thats one reason that I run propane along with the oil when I run that burner, very slim chance of it blowing out with the gas acting as a pilot.

Anyway that you can switch to propane, with a blower you can reach bronze/brass temps really easy.

better off leaving the R/C alone, but I know what your saying.

I would think its probably one of the nebighors thats real close to you,

David
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

blame the smoke on the lawnmower and switch to propane....
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Thanks everyone

I rang the council inspector today just to see whats what, she said that they have no issues with me having a small foundry at home, she said that they are only checking any environmental issues seeing there was a complaint about an odor, plus just check to make sure things are relatively safe, she assured me on a number of occasions that, that is all that they will be doing, so things a looking better

Mike
dallen

Post by dallen »

good to hear that your not going to have to quit, the withdrawls are hell from what I hear.

add a low pressure propane line to your burner which will act as a pilot and keep it from flaming out and smoking like my EX did,

DA
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

That sounds great Mike, WOW a "reasonable government official" I can't believe it. Make peace with your neighbors and try not to cast while they are having a bar-b-que. :)
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

dallen wrote:good to hear that your not going to have to quit, the withdrawls are hell from what I hear.

add a low pressure propane line to your burner which will act as a pilot and keep it from flaming out and smoking like my EX did,

DA
I already have a propane line in my burner, in the past when up to heat I'd turn it off when up to heat, I'll just turn the pressure down in the future

Jammer wrote:That sounds great Mike, WOW a "reasonable government official" I can't believe it. Make peace with your neighbors and try not to cast while they are having a bar-b-que. :)
Not to sure about making any peace Jerry ;) As a rule I'm not a very vindictive type person and I know things that she does that the council inspectors would not be too happy with 8-) so she should step very very carefully ;), I'm also a great believer in karma :) ... This could also end up being a blessing in disguise, I could get complete council approval, then who'll be :lol:

Mike
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

Good news indeed...
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I've just come to realize, over the years, Whizzing contests never end well and everyone gets wet! :) ;)
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

Cast a brass plate with her name on it for her to put on her front door. Stuff like that turns enemies into friends. Usually.

Richard