Computer Virus

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
Jammer

Computer Virus

Post by Jammer »

Everyone be careful what you load and/or do on your computer. I picked up a nasty virus and it sounds like my brother has too. He probably sent it to me. He's always sending me stupid stuff, I don't even open it. Now I see the CNC Zone is having issues. I think this is a plot to get everyone to get rid of their old XP computers and buy new ones. All part of world wide computer domination. Make it so the man can shut off all computers in a matter of minutes... No gas, no groceries, no access to your bank, Marshall law will be in effect!!! All because I got a virus. :x

I was really just letting y'all know, I'm just limited on my pooter time and am not being rude or backing off. I did a couple little things today that should have taken 10 mintues and it took over an hour. Had to do some things twice. :evil:
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
dallen

Re: Computer Virus

Post by dallen »

hell Jerry it doesn't sound like you have a virus, sounds to me more like windows 8 which as far as I'm concerned sucks BIG TIME.

there are some really nasty bugs out there that only exist to screw up our computers cause some kids momma wouldn't let him have a popcicle when he wanted it.

DA
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

Never ever ever open any link that anyone forwards you in an e-mail. If you have to see it, copy the link onto a piece of paper and then type it into your web browser and open it that way.

And just because it says it's from your brother doesn't mean it is. I got one from my brother in law this morning that was obviously not from him. Just "Hi!" and a link. His e-mail account was hacked and his address book used. Those free e-mail places such as g mail and hot mail are the worst for that. Massively insecure.

If you hover your cursor over those links in e-mails and read at the bottom of the screen where it actually is going to, you will understand. For instance the other day I got something from American Express about my card with a link to click on. I hovered the cursor and saw that the link was actually to a server in Russia.

Richard
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

I had a good one awhile back, I saved what I wanted to keep to a external hard drive, then I formatted the computer, it seamed to work...At a latter date I was having more issues and it turn out there were two anti virus programs running at the one time and they sure stuffed things around

Mike
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Yeah, I've got my Laptop back. Nothing lost all files and pictures are in there. Chucktn knows what he's doing. Much faster, maybe faster than it was new!
Now I have to catch up with stuff and get back to work. :) Thanks Chuck!!
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Jammer wrote:Yeah, I've got my Laptop back. Nothing lost all files and pictures are in there. Chucktn knows what he's doing. Much faster, maybe faster than it was new!
Now I have to catch up with stuff and get back to work. :) Thanks Chuck!!
Hey mate that's cool
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)