engine shredder

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
mite5255

engine shredder

Post by mite5255 »

I wonder if my neighbors would complain if I installed one of these in my back yard lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ltyt5ZphAo
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Jammer

Re: engine shredder

Post by Jammer »

I wonder what would happen if someone left a crankshaft in one?

I think your neighbor would love it! :)
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
ian b6

Post by ian b6 »

it is impressive but why wast time and energy i just melt them complete and recover the steal bits later

Ian
dallen

Post by dallen »

you shred them you can put more in a rail car, or in the hold of a ship so they can haul it back to japan,

One of the scrap yards here in OKC used to have one that would take a whole car stick the front end in it and with the angle the feed chute was at it would just slide on in as it was chewed up, came out the other end into a rail car in pieces about two inches across.

DA
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

We used to get the shred in a the steel mill. They removed the aluminum and copper and most of the vinyl and padding. One of the guys at the shop used to work in a yard that ate cars. At the end of the day they would divide the coins that dropped out into the non-ferrous bin. Somedays he would get about $10.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

I have a couple frenemies I need to send over… :roll: :oops: :o
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

latzanimal wrote:I have a couple frenemies I need to send over… :roll: :oops: :o
I have a frenemie where I work, and I watch him like a hawk. I busted this prick having a quite word about me to the factory manager once, i upped this prick like a rat up a drain pipe and while I was giving this prick both barrels the manager just let continue, which I though was rather strange, anyway when I finished the manager said don't worry about it Mike, I don't take any notice of that sort of talk, and that comment confirmed that he was talking about me. This person is a lying, back stabbing, back biting, manipulating narcissist
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

I have always loved the sound of machines. Remember the B 36 bomber? I had a friend who was an aircraft mechanic in the Air Force. He worked on B 36's. He said they walked inside the wings out to the engines. Six Pratt and Whitney Wasps—18 cylinders. 7200 horsepower each, plus as an add on in the later models, four jet engines to help get those atomic bombs up in the air. He told me that a B 36 taking off was the second loudest machine ever built. The only thing louder was a gigantic rock crusher operating out somewhere.

I used to look up in the sky when I was a kid hoping to see one but I never did. Virginia was too far from SAC air bases I guess. I did see a lot of dirigibles though. The Navy had a dirigible base near us.

Richard