you know you did something right

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
dallen

you know you did something right

Post by dallen »

When a foreign company copies what you built

Here's a photo of my burner that I put together around 2008. there's couple differences, between mine and the one in the video but not many. what you guys think maybe I should make a strainer and video it on youtube for them also.

David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Jammer

Re: you know you did something right

Post by Jammer »

What are they selling it as? I can't watch the video right now, I have to take the computer off the mountain to get good service.
I think their turbo plate will cause a lot of back pressure. I used mine to just keep the flame away from the nozzle tip, still burnt up the o-ring every time I used it.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
dallen

Re: you know you did something right

Post by dallen »

Their calling it a DFGAW burner or something like that, the spin vane on the nozzle works ok, mine is a little different but basically the same since I stopped milling them out of solid stock which takes some time to do.

and to top it off they are about 300 dollars higher in price then what I was making them for.

you won't toast the O-ring if you pull the tube our of the furnace after sucking all the oil out of the line so you don't make a cloud of smoke in the yard.

Still have to do the edit thing on the video from this morning but will post it up on the Cinci thread when its on the tube.

DA
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette