mite5255

HAPPY NEW YEARS

Post by mite5255 »

Hope you all have a happy and safe new year

Something I just read
Hope you all have a happy and safe new year

Today is The Last Day.
The last day of the year?

Yes, that too but that's not really what I meant.

Today needs to be the last day for the thing that you've been
meaning to stop but you just haven't.

You know it. You've known it but you just haven't let it go.

So today needs to be the last day.
It really does.

Today tell three people that it's the last day. Telling them
will help insure that you do make it the last day.

See you tomorrow because you know what day it will be.
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
latzanimal

Re: HAPPY NEW YEARS

Post by latzanimal »

Happy New Years to all….

May the best of your last year be the worst of your next….
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

What's the new year like Mike, I still have over 13 hours to go. Some friends are coming over for snacks tomorrow and the Ohio State plays Alabama in the Sugarbowl. GO BUCKEYES!!
I don't get too excited about football, but I went to Ohio State so it's pretty cool they are in the race for the National Title. :D :D :D
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Happy New year all, make 2015 a great one. Its not even here yet but it feels good already.

I mentioned in another thread 10 weeks to go until last frost for our area. We have some big plans for spring. This last year we took up gardening a little and were really impressed with the results. The Wife also got some chickens and lets just say the bug was caught on both accounts. For 2015 we are expanding greatly on both fronts looking to replace a good portion of the store bought sustenance and have plenty extra to share. Few weeks ago we put in 25 3 year old asparagus crowns so will be looking forward to some 2015 joy from those.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
dallen

Post by dallen »

get yourself some bees for the pollination

DA
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Jammer wrote:What's the new year like Mike, I still have over 13 hours to go. Some friends are coming over for snacks tomorrow and the Ohio State plays Alabama in the Sugarbowl. GO BUCKEYES!!
I don't get too excited about football, but I went to Ohio State so it's pretty cool they are in the race for the National Title. :D :D :D
So far so good Jerry, so far I've heard of no murder or mayhem, but I'm sure that will change :roll:

I don't follow any ball game much, I prefer my sport to make lots of noise and have four or two wheels :lol: :lol:
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Looked into bees DA and the honey would be nice, there is a bit of cost getting going and then there is a whole education needed. Luckily we have a beekeeper about a quarter mile from here and for years there was another right across the highway so pretty confident there are some naturalized bees around. One thing is for certain and thats the fact that we have plenty of bees around when its warm out, in fact too many at times for the small amount of gardening we did this last year.

We will be planting loads of stuff just for the bees and other pollinators this coming year. One plant that is native here is a desert bird of paradise and I was noticing that it held its flowers up into December this year abuzz with bees every morning as it was about all that was left that late in the year.

I am with ya Mike, the only ball game I watch is the superbowl and thats half for the commercials. Even drifted off from nascar, will catch a race from time to time or read an article but really dont have much of a clue as to whats goin on.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

I never was much for watching other people do things. I always wanted to do them myself. When I was a kid I would sit with my father and try to watch a football game on the television—I lasted maybe one quarter—then I was out in the yard playing football with my friends.

Richard
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Rasper wrote:I never was much for watching other people do things. I always wanted to do them myself. When I was a kid I would sit with my father and try to watch a football game on the television—I lasted maybe one quarter—then I was out in the yard playing football with my friends.

Richard
I've had a great interest in motorsport since I was a young teenager, but because of a sheer lack of funds I was unable to partake in a sport that I liked, plus the was no race circuits in our local area. At the time I also enjoys sitting in a bar having a few beers so that also consumed any spare funds that I had :roll: :roll: and my father sorta had this thing about borrowing his car and treating it like a race car :o :o
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Well New Years was pretty uneventful here. We did have a 15F low for the night. Thing is no problems that night but two nights later (last night) only got down to 20F and busted a line in the greenhouse. There is a lone Coturnix Quail living in there and he was probably thinkin it was about time to build an ark.
Muller