WET WEATHER

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
mite5255

WET WEATHER

Post by mite5255 »

It's been a bit wet here for the last 24 hours, over 5 inches of rain and my back yard is overflowing, that puddle is over 6 inches deep and the drainage in my yard cannot keep up with the flow

When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Jammer

Re: WET WEATHER

Post by Jammer »

Time to built an Ark!
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
dallen

Post by dallen »

mite5255 wrote:It's been a bit wet here for the last 24 hours, over 5 inches of rain and my back yard is overflowing, that puddle is over 6 inches deep and the drainage in my yard cannot keep up with the flow

looks like your going to need a bigger mop!!!
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

dallen wrote:
mite5255 wrote:It's been a bit wet here for the last 24 hours, over 5 inches of rain and my back yard is overflowing, that puddle is over 6 inches deep and the drainage in my yard cannot keep up with the flow
Jammer wrote:Time to built an Ark!
Oh shit, how big is a cubit :lol:

looks like your going to need a bigger mop!!!
I'll tell the wife Dave :lol:
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

Surf's up mate!!!
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Could be worse, could be freezing!
IceStorm.jpg
IceStorm.jpg (79.61 KiB) Viewed 3238 times
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Rocco wrote:Could be worse, could be freezing!
IceStorm.jpg
Wow, that looks way to cold for my bones BRRRRRRRRRRR
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

mite5255 wrote:Wow, that looks way to cold for my bones BRRRRRRRRRRR
Truth be told Mike, that'd be a comparatively warm day around here this time of year, you almost never get ice build up like that when it's really cold, much more than 2 or 3 degrees below freezing and that kind of ice just doesn't happen, at least not often. Nevertheless, it sure ain't pleasant, rain, freezing or otherwise during the winter really sucks.
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

We have that kind of rain here, Mike. Of course it's opposite from yours; we're north of the equator. Our rainy season is in June, July, August, and September. The worst is when those monster Atlantic hurricanes hit over in Honduras or the Yucatan of Mexico. Then they travel over land where they lose most of their wind but not their water. They dump torrents of rain on us. Three years ago in June it rained for five days non-stop. At one point we had six inches in an hour. I had three inches of water in my living room; there was no place for it to go. It didn't hurt anything. The houses here are all tile and concrete.

But then it all stops. From October until late May we have no rain at all.

Richard
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Rasper wrote:We have that kind of rain here, Mike. Of course it's opposite from yours; we're north of the equator. Our rainy season is in June, July, August, and September. The worst is when those monster Atlantic hurricanes hit over in Honduras or the Yucatan of Mexico. Then they travel over land where they lose most of their wind but not their water. They dump torrents of rain on us. Three years ago in June it rained for five days non-stop. At one point we had six inches in an hour. I had three inches of water in my living room; there was no place for it to go. It didn't hurt anything. The houses here are all tile and concrete.

But then it all stops. From October until late May we have no rain at all.

Richard
We call them monster storm Cyclones down in this part of the world ;), we don't get many this far down the coast but we do get the rain from them. our weather is influenced by the monsoonal weather system. We're about the same point south of the equator as Florida is north of the equator, so our weather would be simula to to that part of the world I would think, hot, humid and bloody uncomfortable during summer. I do find as I get older I have real issues with the humidity. I love autumn.