Another Granddaughter!!

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
Jammer

Another Granddaughter!!

Post by Jammer »

My son and his wife just had another little girl on Sunday.

Proud Grandpa again!! :D 8-)
Attachments
Hannah Ruby 3-8-15.jpg
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
dallen

Re: Another Granddaughter!!

Post by dallen »

great for them, how long before you have her in the forge learning how to bang iron???

best wishes to them from me,

she looks pretty healthy from here, no problems I take it.

DA
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Just perfect! Only problem was getting to the hospital in time. Made it by 7 minutes. :shock: :o :roll:
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

AWESOME!! :-)

We're still battling over custody of our granddaughter. It's been a nightmare so far, even to the point of our own son running interference tell'n the court he'd be agreeable to have'n anybody "BUT" his parents have'n custody of that child. He's butt hurt cause we're not cave'n in and dish'n out any more money to "supposedly" help him with food & rent & cover his car payment. Last time we sent him money it never made it to any bills, rather for more highs on drugs, or booze. He knows if we get custody he'll have to man up and do what's right by himself and his daughter to be able to have visitation, which will include rehab (something the court also said was an obligation on his part). He's been warned (as well the child's mother)by the court that if he (they) doesn't follow through both him and his wife will lose ALL parental rights entirely and the child will be available for adoption. Now, it seems the other grandmother and the mother of that child have both acquired public defenders to fight to keep custody of that child now that the state has released her to the other grandmother's (temporary) care until our case for getting the child transfered to us in Washington is completed as it's been determined my wife and I are more stable in life and our ability to care for all the child's needs. But, the matter now entails "them" having posession and they intend to fight to keep it. Reality is, that child's another raise in welfare benefits and soley a fuck'n income boost to them. I told the state we'd not file for welfare or state assistance as we have, and always will have, the ability to care for that child on our own. With us, she'd get daily one on one care with both a mother and father figure to balance her life. Plus, it'd be incentive for the parents of that child to get a fuck'n grip, do what's right, and ultimately prove themselves able to take care of their child again. The court liked that stance, however, it's now become a piss'n match between attorneys. I'm about bled out of the money I put up front to secure that child into our care. My wife and I vowed it would go no futher than what we've invested thus far. Sometimes in life ya just gotta let go and let God sort it out. As it is if we do get custody, my son's gonna blame us for him not being a part of his child's life 'cause he'll always have an excuse why he's not done shit to change his life around. If we let go, it's for sure he'll not get custody (nor his wife) because she's not done shit either to change. If the other grandmother gets her permanently then the child will grow up just as fuck'n dysfunctional as her mother and grandmother are, and my son will blame us for that, too. Guaranteed, they'll not let him see his daughter EVER again, plus file to the state to have him milked of child care (more money they hope to rake in). Like I said, it's now between our paid for attorney and two court appointed public pretenders, uh, er... Defenders, that is. All they're doing is milk'n this for experience at fighting in court. There's another hearing next week we have to attend via teleconference that will give an update on the status of our effort to get that child transfered to Washington into our care. If that effort becomes null and void due any legal action the other attorney's put into play, then I'm affraid we've fought the good fight and just have to admit defeat. All I can pray for at that point would be for an opportunity to tell that child (about the time she's grown and on her own) of our efforts to save her from all this bullshit.

Jammer, I appreciate your patience with me over that wax you sent. I know you said don't bother but that's not how I roll. My employer in Alaska has been sending me work to do remote from home, plus, I've been called up to do field work once already and this Sunday I'll be called back up to Alaska again for more field work. They're try'n to help me recover from this financial hardship by keep'n me employed (which looks good for our legal cause) and to help recover from the financial loss we coughed up to secure our attorney. I will pay you back for that wax after I return next week and get paid. And speaking of wax... you said it was microcrystaline wax. I opened those packages yesterday and they appear to be machineable wax that had discolored on the outer skin a dark brown. The interior of the wax is almost burnt orange (red brick) color and files and shaves nicely rather than sticky and gumming up any tool. It's not a modeling wax, however, it's a great wax for jewlery or doing intricate carvings into. I'll make good use of it... but not till it's paid for ;-) .

Congrats on that granddaughter's arrival. I only hope my wife and I could be equally as blessed, even if only till her parents get it together and become responsible enough to take back over. Time will tell. All we can do is Pray.

Cheers,

Fc
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

Congrats Gramps!!!

Frank… Good luck...
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Congrats Jammer, Wish we were able to see ours more often but they are across the country from us. Hope you get to have plenty of Pawpaw time with them :)
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

They are only about 4 hours away, but we are giving them some space right now. We'll go bug them in a week or two.
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Congratulation Jerry :D ......@ Frank you hang in there mate, I know you'll only do whats right for the little one, thinking of you and your wife while you go through this traumatic time
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Thanks Mike.

Frank, maybe someday the parents will grow up and realize their responsibility. The children need a safe place to grow up until then. You can be that space for your Grand-daughter if the court allows. My brother and sister-in-law never grew up and their kids grew up in a great foster home. My parents and I never knew what was going on until it was done. They are all great adults now and great parents. Hope everything works out well for you and for her.
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Four hours is a trip but it is doable. One of our other Daughters lives in San Diego now which is about a five hour drive. We went down a few months back for a weekend and she comes up this way every few months.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller