Flood

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
mite5255

Flood

Post by mite5255 »

Had a bit of rain here yesterday, from 0800 t5o 1630 we had over 12 inches, the water was only 1 1/2 inches from coming into the house, thankfully it didn't. My two welders have witness marks of 10 inches so I guessing they are stuffed plus my sons plasma cutter was buried under water, I have submitted a insurance claim, so we'll see what happens
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
dallen

Re: Flood

Post by dallen »

just saw this post, yea it sucks when you get that much water at once, makes you wonder if you would of been better off building a boat instead of a furnace for casting anchors.

glad it didn't get in the house.

I'm trying to put shingles on the roof and mother nature is trying to rain on my parade, anyway already had one shower this morning.

DA
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

I would have started to build a ark but I have no idea how big a cubit is LOL
What sort of shingles are you putting up Dave
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
dallen

Post by dallen »

mite5255 wrote:I would have started to build a ark but I have no idea how big a cubit is LOL
What sort of shingles are you putting up Dave
asphalt composite shingles, these are laminated which means that in places they are twice as thick. they also don't have the slots like the old three tab shingles. Matter of fact they don't have any slots at all which means they are a lot easier to cut into the roof line when you have to trim.

One things for sure this is the last roof I'm going to shingle where I have to carry the damn thing up onto the roof.

DA
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

That's a lot of water.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I saw recently where they were talking about El Nino in the Pacific this year. Something like 70% chance, this means wet for you guys mike and also wet for us later... hope you dont go too far under but man we really need it to break this drought. Time to build stilts for everything, 12" in a short time is just way too much. the ground just wont suck it up fast enough.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller