Shed cleaning day

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
mite5255

Shed cleaning day

Post by mite5255 »

I've decided to give my sheds a clean out after the rain the other week,plus I brought some new shelving, or should I say the wife paid for it out of the savings account that I'm not aloud near :? . Has any one ever tried explaing to they're wife or partner the difference between what they call junk and what you call useful stuff. Every time I do a clean up she always offers to help and I always say just stand over there out of the way and I'll do it myself, today I let her help and man I'm lucky to have any thing left ;) , but I do have a nice clean shed 8-) and extra room :D
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
dallen

Re: Shed cleaning day

Post by dallen »

Mike

yea I understand. my ex could never understand why I needed to tools to make a living with.

Hope you changed the locks, she knows where everything is at now :lol: :lol: :lol:
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

I'm a hopelessly addicted pack rat. I've risked my own life to pick up something shiny, especially if it appears to be a tool of any kind. I once pulled off the narrow shoulder of a roadway with my truck's ass hang'n out in the driving lane as a semi haul'n ass with a load was approaching just to snag what I thought was a long socket. That semi blared his horns at me on the way by as I jumped back into my truck and hauled ass before the next one caught up to me. As the situation calmed down I realized all I had was a damned shiny spring. The wife howled at me for risk'n our lives for a damn spring and I told her it was meant for me which is why it drew my attention so intensely... so SHUT UP! Exactly one week later a friend of mine brought over a 5 hp self propelled snow blower and asked if I wanted it. Said the motor works just fine and it powers the wheels but it won't blow snow anymore. I figured I'd take it just to salvage the operative Briggs Stratton it had. Lo and behold, when I took the covers off to diagnose the blower unit it appeared there was something missing... a tensioner spring for the belt. I looked up on the wall above my tool box and there shining brightly was the spring I swear was the perfect match for the one it should have had. I hooked it in place, gave the blower a pull start and she fired off like brand new and I used that blower every year thereafter for 10 years and ultimately sold it for 100 bucks when I left Alaska back in '06.

The wife now stays out of my shit and habits of pick'n up stuff I think will serve a purpose someday. She's seen what I build with the stuff I gather and appreciates the income it often brings in, not to mention the shelves, work benches, foundry equipment, etc., I've made that has helped me do my artwork. So long as I keep it organized and out of plain sight from the driveway and our window view of the shop, she's happy. I don't tell her how to decorate the house, therefore, she don't tell me how to organize my shop and all its effects I might have staged behind it. :-)
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

On the other hand, there are those of us who love to throw stuff away. I get a feeling of immense space to be in when I throw away all of my old junk. Even my clothes—if I haven't used it for two years, out it goes. That's not to say that I don't have a lot of what most people would call junk. But it's useful junk. Like Frank's spring.

Richard
dallen

Post by dallen »

I just try to stay at the same level of clutter so that the neighbor's don't know and can't really tell whats going on. And until I decide to throw something away its not junk but a treasure, once the decision to pitch it is made then its just plain junk.

DA

Rasper

Post by Rasper »

Hey Dave, since this post is about sheds, I think you better build one for your foundry operations. Rumor has it the rain in Oklahoma is permanent. Something about the Earth's poles shifting. Brazil is going to be a desert; Oklahoma is the new rain forest.

Richard
dallen

Post by dallen »

that means your going to be freezing in the winter time.

besides I have a shed, actually a shed and a shed roof extention.

And most of western Oklahoma is mostly desert anyway.

DA

Rasper

Post by Rasper »

that means your going to be freezing in the winter time.
I'll be moving to Oklahoma. We can melt metal together in the rain. And I can learn how to make guns.

Richard
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

On the news tonight, Western Oklahoma looked like a lake. We'll get it tomorrow.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
dallen

Post by dallen »

yea its been a little wet around here lately. good thing Jammer is that you live on top of a mountain.

DA