giving up working for a living

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
F.C.

Re: giving up working for a living

Post by F.C. »

Look into acupuncture treatments, Mike. Go with someone that's been well established (I'm talk'n decades of practice) in the profession. My step father years back had two vertebrae removed and the other ends of his spine fused together to hold himself upright. He was virtually near an addict on pain meds and alcohol afterward till someone told him to look into acupuncture and they recommended someone in the Philippines he go to. He ended up going to the one in the Philippines. We had to help him walk to get onto the plane and help him sit down. When he came home he had full gait in his step and moved about as if nothing had ever happened to him. He even skipped a step (taking two at a time) coming up onto the porch as he entered the house. Cancer of the esophagus ended up take'n him down but for near 30 yrs he was practically pain free of the damage to his back and spine. I've gone to acupuncture to quit smoking back in my late 20's. It worked instantly... never had a craving. 20 yrs later (2006) (after the kids were grown and gone) I picked up the habit again only with good cigars and pipe tobacco which I've always liked more than cigarettes. Almost two weeks ago I decided enuff w/the smoking as it was more habitual than it was enjoyable. The first day without I realized I was addicted again to nicotine. Recalling the points where they stuck needles in me to ease off the cravings I took a sharp needle and gingerly stimulated those areas myself for about ten minutes. Then after every meal (for a couple days) I'd stimulate the nerve in the cup of my right ear which off set any immediate cravings to smoke. From that third day forward I've not had a single craving whatsoever and have no need to stimulate those nerves any longer. It's as though I never smoked at all. That shit works like miracles, Mike. The Chinese have had that shit down to a science for over 10,000 yrs. The western world medical associations have only been around for about 200 yrs. Go with those of the most proven experience.
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

The little needles have been looked into Frank, my fear is if I become pain free I'll think I'm ok and do more then I should. I restrict the pain meds for the same reason, I just don't want to be totally pain free, I need something that stops me from going nuts and screwing myself right up
On another note, my computer is toast, for the moment anyway, I tried to download a manual and for some god damn reason did't check the web site it was coming from, I now cannot get internet access on that computer,the anti
virus program must have pick a problem and it must have shut the internet down, the computer now says the windows program is counterfeit. The person that built the computer for me is a mate, and he's coming around in the morning to see if he can fix it
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Yahoo, the insurance has finely started to pay, I also received two months back pay from them :)
dallen

Post by dallen »

good now you can get back to casting in your off time :D :D
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

LOL yes but with my sons help, he has said he'll come over to help
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

Contgrats Mite
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

Awesome your boy's willing to participate and help keep you enjoying your creative side through casting. Great opportunity for Father & Son time together. Ya might cause him to get the fire-bug too.. HAHA... ;-)
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

Word of advice, Mike.... don't get too comfortable doin fuck all each day. I'm noticing myself get'n complacent at doin nuth'n since this cold weather and snow set in of late which has kept me from being active in my shop sculpting. Got irritated with myself yesterday and decided to shovel snow and ice off my patio and shop entry apron then get out the snow plow and install it onto my 4 wheeler. That was a nice mid-day excursion, plenty of fresh air and all... then come evening reality set in... I haven't done any grunt work since summer and early fall. I've been whinning like a toddler all evening and this morning (even after a super hot shower and advil). Couldn't get comfortable all night in bed either 'cause my lower back hurt so much. Too much too fast I figure. At this age I have to now remember my body won't retain much of the fitness over a span of a couple months or so being idle. Either stay active and keep the core muscles fit or suffer the consequences after a spell of lazy fuckaroundary. I guess muscles losing memory is a precursor to what the mind will eventually end up doing, ya think? ;-)
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

I agree totally Frank. I try to stay as active as I possibly can, at the moment if I'm having a good day I'm rearranging my shed, removing all junk (as my wife calls it ;) ) and tiding the place up. I'm actually getting more wriggle room now and the shed looks a lot neater. I'm also doing some gardening, when the pain gets to much I stop and rest. Night time can be a bit painful and first thing in the morning, but I try to be on my feet each day, even if its just walking around the block
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

I received a letter from my employer today to say as from the 18 July I'll no longer be employed, its only taken them 12 months, but they did always say that they won't terminate me until my insurance is settled, it also turns out that they owe me about 96 hours in annual leave and 36 hours long service leave ;) :) :)