giving up working for a living

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
mite5255

giving up working for a living

Post by mite5255 »

Back is better Dave but I'm still having issues that are keeping me from work and any casting. I've been away from work for 16 days so far and I don't think I'll be going back, I'm done with working for a living and don't want to spend my old age with a walker as my means of transport. I think I'll resign medically unfit and unable to work.I was speaking to my supervisor and he agrees with what I'm doing. At the moment we're living on leave entitlements and they'll last about 6 weeks, then I'll start the process of claiming income protection that I've been paying on my superannuation, there is a qualifying period of 60 days from your last day at work another then another 30 day for me to claim totally unfit for work, we'll live of part of my superannuation and the wife's superannuation till I reach pension age.
Last edited by mite5255 on Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Jammer

Re: work

Post by Jammer »

Sounds like a plan Mike. Some days are great, some are boring, just try to stay active. Now you can anger your neighbors full time. :D
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
dallen

Post by dallen »

sorry to hear about the forced retirement but sometimes its what gets throwed at us. Like Jammer said take care of yourself and just think of all the hell and grief that you can cause for the neighbors and the twits on the council now that you will be able to devote yourself to it full time.

me and the shop monster have a schedule that we follow everyday, we get up then do what the hell pleases us which seems to keep use out of trouble.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
dallen

Post by dallen »

here's some photos of work that I did yesterday on the rifle
profiling-guard-to-receiver.jpg
one-of-the-perils-of-gun-bu.jpg
had-to-make-some-replacemen.jpg
cutting-counterbore-in-butt.jpg
button-with-correct-screw.jpg
was lucky enough this morning to find that one of the counterbore cutters that I have was the right diameter for the screws in the receiver that need to have countersunk holes. will post up a photo later of the screws sunk into the side of the receiver. also in the photos you will find one that shows the pin retainer with the correct screw in it.

mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Jammer wrote:Sounds like a plan Mike. Some days are great, some are boring, just try to stay active. Now you can anger your neighbors full time. :D
Yes Jerry I think its what I need to do. Boredom is not a condition that I have problems with, and at this point in time I have plenty to occupy the grey matter with, but things may change with no regular job to worry about ;). I will be rejoining the local historical village, I plan to do time back in the blacksmith shop and machinery shop...
Last edited by mite5255 on Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

dallen wrote:sorry to hear about the forced retirement but sometimes its what gets throwed at us. Like Jammer said take care of yourself and just think of all the hell and grief that you can cause for the neighbors and the twits on the council now that you will be able to devote yourself to it full time.

me and the shop monster have a schedule that we follow everyday, we get up then do what the hell pleases us which seems to keep use out of trouble.
Yep Dave that's a good schedule you and the shop monster have Dave :)
I'm no gun person Dave but I do enjoy watching what you have been doing with the rifles.....
Jammer

Re: giving up working for a living

Post by Jammer »

I have to be careful what I do, if the income insurance company thinks I can flip burgers I'll have to get a job. I would like to work at some of the history places but I'm not able to do much. Everything at the forge takes me forever, I just have to stop and sit for a while. I don't mean to be a whiner, but this stuff really sucks some days. Maybe I'll hit the lotto and just travel around and visit everyone.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
dallen

Post by dallen »

I like working on them, its something that I always thought that I wasn't skilled enough to do, wish I had of tried working on them a lot sooner.

Yea I know that feeling Jerry, wish I could deliver parts of pizza's at times but can't or they will take my disability check.

mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Jammer wrote:I have to be careful what I do, if the income insurance company thinks I can flip burgers I'll have to get a job. I would like to work at some of the history places but I'm not able to do much. Everything at the forge takes me forever, I just have to stop and sit for a while. I don't mean to be a whiner, but this stuff really sucks some days. Maybe I'll hit the lotto and just travel around and visit everyone.
Mine works a bit different Jerry, my income protection is in part of my work place superannuation and it covers me if I'm off work due to illness and have used up all of my sick leave, but there still is a waiting period of 60 days before I can make a claim, so I'm still employed while getting income protection, and then I'm hoping they'll say I'm screwed and then they will pay me out which is about 80k...Aaaaah the allusive lotto win, don't we all wish ;)
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

Either way, take care of yourself Mike.. retirement is a LONG way off for this punk…