Someone's missing...

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
F.C.

Someone's missing...

Post by F.C. »

Whatever happened to "Silverforge"? He come aboard hard driven and determined, a ball of fire with a full tank, then pffffffttt.... Like within a couple weeks he phizzled like a damp match get'n struck. I don't even think he got a furnace up and lit, did he? Or, did he wander over to the AA site and got sucked in with that crew's obsession build'n the perfect burner?

Haven't heard from a few, really... i.e., Nudge, Latz, Rocco, and others. Rasper's a bit overdue, too... curious how his sculpture is come'n along.

Fc
Rasper

Re: Someone's missing...

Post by Rasper »

Silverforge disappeared from AA as well. Latz and Rocco are here. Rasper? I think he's off playing golf.

I am putting the finishing touches on one of my girls. The other one is ready to mold. I want to mold both at the same time. When I open the polyurethane rubber I like to use it all up within a couple of days. This hot humid air I live in is death to opened polyurethane. I have a spray can of the X-Tendit that is supposed to help prevent this, but it doesn't help much. Here is the China Doll

And ready to mold.

It takes a lot of clay to make clay dams like this, but I had the good fortune, back when Dick Blick was selling Kleen Klay for a dollar a pound, to buy about fifty pounds of it. Kleen Klay has since gone out of business. It's sulfur free so you don't have to worry about rubber molds.

Richard
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

Very nice, Richard... She's a beauty.
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

I'm around. Not as often as I'd like.. but I'm here. Just don't always have something to say..

Lookin' good Richard...
dallen

Post by dallen »

someone keeps opening the door they just don't stay, the view count on my shaper threat is almost 50000 views, someone besides myself is looking at it.

But I get to wondering the same thing where are the people, be nice sometimes to read about others projects.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

Projects seem to run in cycles, as does everything else. On my two metal shaping forums, five years ago there were a lot of guys building fantastic cars; now there are maybe two. People seem to be hunkering down right now.

The Old Testament addresses this quite well. (There is a ton of brilliant stuff in there if you can wade through the verbiage.) "There is a time to sow, and a time to reap)—and so on.

Richard
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

My life has been side tracked with honey do projects. Struggled for almost 4 years putting the wife through school and now that she's graduated and back to work, she wants to get the house fixed up. Put a new floor in the ding room and living room so far. However, been a big damper on MY projects.

Just found out I'm going to be a grandpa, we'll see how that affects things…

Got 2 drums ready to turn. Had plans to sell my bike and buy a cnc, haven't even dusted the bike off yet. Still sitting on 50 or 60lbs of bronze that I want to melt into a shell…. the list goes on….
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

What kind of drums are you going to turn? I'm still kicking around ideas on pouring a bronze shell. It always comes down to volume, have to have two large furnaces going. I've thought about using a cupola for bronze but I think it might mess it up for going back to Iron. It would have to be cleaned out really well.
No, I don't have a cupola furnace, it's still in my head.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

I have a couple of wood shells I need to turn at the moment….

Looking closer at the companies who were last doing it, they were pouring a shell somewhere between .75" and 1" thick, then lots of time on the lathe..
bunyip

Post by bunyip »

Howdy everyone, must admit I have been missing for awhile.Sold our 11 acre property in Victoria & bought a house with excellent shedding near Mount Gambier in South Australia.Hope I can now get on with my bone carving but most importantly get some jewellery cast in a variety of metal.Only just managed to get back on the internet yesterday; had the devil's own job getting that sorted ( Frank, you would have been proud of the fight I put up to get the net connected)!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheers Trev.
On top down under