Someone's missing...

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
F.C.

Re: Someone's missing...

Post by F.C. »

Rasper wrote: "There is a time to sow, and a time to reap)—and so on.

Richard

Or as a late 60's band once wrote (Peter, Paul & Mary) in continuance and paraphrase of that verbiage... "there is a season, (turn, turn, turn... blah, blah, blah... ) And a time for every purpose under heaven".

I've always like their music... it was wholesome and often spiritual but in a contemporary way I appreciated. The song I loved most of theirs was "Dont' Think Twice". What confounded me in the years since was Johnny Cash taking the "EXACT" instrumental of that song and putting his own words to it that was a totally opposite and in no way a derivative of Peter, Paul & Mary's song's narrative. Literally, he stole their music and made bank on re-writing the words only because he had a greater following than the hippy generation that appreciated the folk music of Peter, Paul & Mary's. I never liked Johnny Cash since. A thief is a thief. His music was not getting much attention as he'd hit a dry spell so stole a musical hit and added his own words to it. And never once did he apologize for it nor did Peter, Paul & Mary sue him for it (that I'm aware of). Oh well.... still love the original PPM version.
F.C.

Re: Someone's missing...

Post by F.C. »

Trev, if you didn't leave people in tears, or squirming in their pants in the face of your rage and discontent, as well mandates how they best get off their duffs and earn a fuck'n paycheck, then I can't say I'd even take notice of your plight. HAHA.... If I have to educate someone in how to do their job (a service I paid for, for instance) you can guarantee I'll leave that person mentally shaken and have their boss either change'n their diaper or reassigning them to something more appropriate to their limited skills.