Just rambling a bit

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
Rasper

Just rambling a bit

Post by Rasper »

No one else has been posting so I figure I will keep the forum active by rambling on a bit. I am almost ready to make the mold for my two girls. I just have to get her mouth exactly right.

I have to go down to Guatemala next week. Every six months I have to go to the border and renew my visa. For me and for my car. I brought this car down here from the US.

It's a pain in the ass to have to drive the 8 hours to the border every six months but the damn car is in too good of condition to get rid of. I couldn't get but maybe 1500 dollars for it.

Of course we stop at our club in Salina Cruz and play golf both on the way down and on the way back, and we drink beer the whole way (this is not the USA with the breathalyzer Nazis waiting at every street corner) so we have a ton of fun.

Richard
mite5255

Re: Just rambling a bit

Post by mite5255 »

For the life of me Richard I cannot see the problem, unless of cause the beers crap :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
dallen

Post by dallen »

he hates having to go get a new visa, one of the perks of living in mexico
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

I cannot see the problem, unless of cause the beers crap
It's a curious thing. I am particular about my beer. I have always thought there must be something in the air in the USA that, when good German brewmasters come over and set up a brewery, it makes them forget how to make good beer, and Mexican beer isn't much better.

So for years I have been paying the equivalent of over two dollars US per bottle for Lowenbrau (made in Germany) or Tennants (from Scotland) or Carlsberg (from Denmark). Until, several years ago, a local supermarket started selling Old Style beer, made in Milwaukee, USA by Heillmans. It costs about two dollars for six. And it's good. I didn't bother to even try it for a couple of years. Made in the US, I figured it was more watered down crap. It sure surprised me. Old Style. Good stuff.

Richard
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Hey Richard, I hear there's a massive category 4/5 storm that's going to hit the west coast of Mexico. I think the worst of it is supposed to pass to the north of you, anyways, stay safe and let us know how things go.
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Hi Ed, its been a long time
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

They are hyping it as the biggest storm ever on Earth. (You know how the news guys love to grab anything anyone says and make the truth out of it) but the Hurricane Center says the wind is over 200 miles per hour (322 kilometers). That will level weaker buildings. And there will be massive waves.

Richard
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

I went to Guatemala and got back last night. We left Wednesday morning at 4:30 am, stopped at our golf club two and a half hours from here and played 18 holes, then drove down to Guatemala. So here I am in a shitty little border town in Guatemala at Eleven O'clock at night with my car and my friend waiting for me over in Mexico, and the immigration guy notices that I had failed to get my passport stamped the last time I left Guatemala. So we sat in a conversation for a while and they wanted 4000 Quetzales, which is about 2000 dollars as a fine. Fi9nally when they realized I wasn't going to freak out, they finally asked me what I was willing to pay. I offered a hundred dollars; they countered with 200. I gave it to them. They fixed up my passport and gave it back to me. (Sometimes I eat bear; sometimes the bear eats me.) We left and drove back to Ixtepec, Mexico where my friend has a house. We got there at 5 am. Slept for 3 hours. The maid fixed us a great breakfast, and we were back on the golf course at 11 O'clock for 18 holes more.

I AM TIRED. I am too old for that kind of shit.

Richard
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Sounds like fun Richard. I think you could have gotten them down to $100. :)
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

Probably. But it was late and my friend was sitting in my car across the river in Mexico waiting for me.

Richard