I got a time out

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
Jammer

I got a time out

Post by Jammer »

:roll:
I got a 30 day time out on one of the blacksmith sites for being "Abusive". ?? ME! Mr. Laidback. About 4 of the elite member and one of the mods was bashing a new member for asking about an alloy for making a sword. He said in his first post that he hadn't made a sword in a while and wanted to use some Chrome Moly steel he had. They assumed he had never made a sword and was 15 years old or something. and proceeded to tell him to make s hooks and practice with nails and work his way up to bigger things. He left after 3 posts.

I pointed out that they drove another new member away and didn't read his posts carefully. and I got the smack down. It's a lot like AA, about 20 people that post and 10,000 members that have never posted. Only the 20 that do attack anyone that tries to join in. I can't say I wasn't warned, several guys at the local forge told me to avoid the forum, everyone there is too smart to be bothered with us peons. :roll:
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
dallen

Re: I got a time out

Post by dallen »

yea that crap rears its internet head everynow and then. And some of them experts ain't so expert either

one reason I keep my mouth shut,
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

I post on a sculpture forum. It used to be a vital active forum. Except that the inside clique simply ignored anyone who posted who wasn't in the clique. And they had subtle ridicule down to a fine art. A lot of people left, and then the inside clique left en mass for Facebook. There isn't much left there now.

The absolute worst are the computer forums. All of those little fourteen year old computer nerds.

Richard
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Wow Jerry,you surprise me ;) was it I Forge Iron
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

I just read the thread Jerry, oh you are the shit stirrer :lol: :lol: :lol: My god they're very touchy over that way :roll: :roll: all you did was point out something to them, me thinks they think their shit don't stink
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

I belong to a few drum forums and they all have their clique. However, my fav is Ghostnote, you can tell some one to go fuck themselves without repercussions. Kind of like this place.... Altho, it is not a busy as it used to be. Damn Facebook.
dallen

Post by dallen »

mite5255 wrote: me thinks they think their shit don't stink
they may think their shit doesn't stink, but the Shop Monster says it does, just like the neighbor's cat. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I'm not even allowed to look at the site now, I figure they had deleted my abusive posts. That site is something else. Someone noticed there were several super secret moderators and someone asked about it. They would answer on the site and told the guy to PM them. Apparently the 4 or 5 mods have multiple logins so they can attack without anyone knowing who they are.

I'm sure I'm on "Double Secret Probation"!!
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Facebook is OK, but how do you follow anything? You post something you've done and in a couple days it's gone, buried deep in facebook land. I made them mad on there too. They had an Iron Smelt in Birmingham Al. and charged everyone $250 to attend. I didn't go. They built the furnace and showed them fire it up. Then they said they had a problem and had to tap early... then nothing. I asked for info, how much ore was processed and how big a bloom of Iron did they get? They ran about 60 pounds of 70% iron ore, they were going to check and see how much the bloom weighed, I think it was 18 pounds. A lot of it was slag so I don't know how much usable iron they ended up with and I don't think the paying people know either. ??
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Jammer wrote:I'm not even allowed to look at the site now, I figure they had deleted my abusive posts. That site is something else. Someone noticed there were several super secret moderators and someone asked about it. They would answer on the site and told the guy to PM them. Apparently the 4 or 5 mods have multiple logins so they can attack without anyone knowing who they are.

I'm sure I'm on "Double Secret Probation"!!
Its all still there Jerry ;) I can post a link if you like ;)