who's doing what for the weekend

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
dallen

who's doing what for the weekend

Post by dallen »

me and Charlie are going to be sitting under the air conditioner cause the heat and humidity are too damn high,
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
Jammer

Re: who's doing what for the weekend

Post by Jammer »

Doing about the same here. Worked in heat for years and now I can't stand to be in it. I've got projects I would like to do but I have packed up a lot of my casting stuff. I thought we were going to move back to Ohio, but not much interest in our house here. We're stuck until it sells.
We may go to town to see some fireworks. The set them off by the river.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
dallen

Post by dallen »

me and the dog may load up and go watch some they have a couple displays which are pretty close to my house.

I've got a little 7 inch shaper that a guy I know is suppose to look at this weekend, if he buys it I'm thinking (strong emphasis on the thinking) about getting a 3D printer, not sure if I want to get off into that mess, although it would be nice to be able to print patterns when I needed one specially in cold weather when its hard to do wood work outside in the weather. Anyway I need to talk to a couple of people first before I bite off on one.

Rasper

Post by Rasper »

Nothing down here. The fourth is just another day. The big day here is September 16. Independence from Spain. And number two day is November 20. Revolution Day. That's when Pancho Villa and the boys killed 90% of the priests, most of the owners of the huge haciendas, and took all of the extensive land holdings of the Church. Mexicans go through the motions of being devout Catholics, but they really are the least religious country in Latin America.

It's funny. Americans make a big deal out of the Cinco de Mayo as a Mexican holiday. Down here it's almost a non-event. It celebrates the Mexican victory in the first battle with the French. After that the French army conquered Mexico and put Maximillian in as emperor.

So to answer the question posed by this thread, I plan to continue writing the novel I am working on and drinking some beer in the evening.

Richard
dallen

Post by dallen »

Rasper wrote:So to answer the question posed by this thread, I plan to continue writing the novel I am working on and drinking some beer in the evening.

Richard
what sort of novel are you writing, hope its not a romance novel. you can have the beer me and the shop monster are on the ice tea kick

F.C.

Post by F.C. »

I was gonna go for a motorcycle scoot to a campground on a lake about 2 hr ride from here. My Son and his fiancé and her two kids will be there for the weekend. Then I got a call from a gal in San Antonio, TX she was done pack'n, sold her house and was hit'n the road headed here. Supposed to be here tomorrow. She's move'n here to this town and had put an offer in on 5 acres about a block from my place. Had been ask'n around to folks in this area (on facebook) where she could rent, where she could park her shipping container of household goods, etc. and I told her she could park it here on my property and also stay here as my guest till she can settle the land deal and get her a house built on it. Then two weeks ago she said the land deal fell through 'cause they decided to get greedy and up the price considerably. Thing is, the gal is handicap (wheelchair bound). I told her this place of mine is handicap accessible as it was built initially for a wheelchair handicap. Well.... one thing led to another and we discussed sell'n this place of mine to her instead. I told her I would so long as the ex signs off this property in the divorce. Supposed to know the end of that tale next week as both my attorney and hers are supposed to be meeting to discuss terms. My ex has already spoken to me by phone to tell me she decided to just let it go... she didn't want nuth'n from me but my signature on the divorce. Well.... she stated that early in this matter and proved to be a lie... twice over the past 4 months, in fact.... now again. I'll believe it when I see it on paper. Each time she's pulled that shit I've upped my terms to a point where it gouges her pocket deeply. As it is, she's look'n at pay'n me maintenance till I'm back on my feet financially or till I drop dead. That, or sign off entirely from any attachment to me and my finances... get the hell out of my life for good and I'll stay the hell out of hers. We'll see.

If she does sign off then me and this gal that's show'n up will be discussing a sale price. I told her if she does buy the place the only stipulation I'd have would be to allow me to stay as her guest for 3 months so I can finish sculpting that bear (providing that investor will come back onboard). Once it's done and in his hands to promote and sell, ears in this county will "pop" from the vacuum left off my wake get'n the fuck out of this county for good. Not sure where I'd go just yet, perhaps back North to Alaska... that, or San Antonio area to be near my oldest boy and his kids. All I got are a few good friends in Alaska. My middle boy told me he's likely to move to Texas eventually, himself, once him and his fiancé get married. So I donno.... I do know that after 36 yrs of marriage to that woman wherever I do go it'll have to be somewhere I won't see memories of her everywhere I turn.
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I hope it all works out for you Frank. When your ex figures out how much the lawyer is charging for each of the changes and calls to your lawyer, she'll sign whatever because she's losing more the longer it goes.
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I did get my boat running today. Still a little rough, I'll do a tune up on it and see if I can get on the water. After the holiday, too many drunks and nutballs out there now.
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

I'd tell you guys to watch your appendages but you are already used to handling hot stuff, so....... enjoy yourselves. Beers!
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

I detest holidays. I always have. Back when I ran a shipyard I hated weekends as well. I couldn't wait for Mondays so my men would come back to work. And Christmas. Don't get me started on that. Everyone is miserable. There is more domestic violence at Christmas than at any other time of the year. Why would any sane person want to subject themselves to the stress and the upsets surrounding Christmas? So they can lie to their kids about Santa Claus? And then wonder for the rest of their lives why their kids don't believe anything they say?

Richard