Hospital

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
mite5255

Hospital

Post by mite5255 »

Hi everyone, I'm sending this from a hospital bed, yesterday afternoon I had a heart attack, they're are going to do a angiogram on Monday Or Tuesday, they'll then decide if they'll put in a stent or do a bypass. I'm feeling good st the moment
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Jammer

Re: Hospital

Post by Jammer »

Well Mike, I guess retirement isn't going too well. I've got 4 stents, I've got other stuff going on and didn't feel any difference with the stents. Other people say they feel like running a Marathon. Hopefully you'll feel like running, but don't, what's the point unless something is chasing you.
Be strong and keep us informed.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

One of my best friends was standing behind me one day at my shop and I heard him say, "Oh shit!" I turned around and he was lying face down on the pavement with no heart beat. I did CPR on him for fifteen minutes until the ambulance guys got there with a defibrillator and whacked him four or five times. They kept him on ice for five days until they got him stabilized. He was a semi-invalid for a year until he got strong enough to have a by-pass. That was five years ago and now he goes out running.

I had taken a class in CPR a while before that. Damned good thing. And then I was at his girlfriend's house for dinner while he was on ice in the ICU and she choked on a piece of bread and I had to do the Helmlich maneuver on her to get her breathing again.

Richard
dallen

Post by dallen »

Mike you really didn't have to have a heart attack, we would of let you in the club without it.

Take care of yourself is about the only thing that I can say, I had my first runin with the cardio people back in 2005 and they haven't killed me yet.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

Good Luck Mike and stay strong....
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

thanks latz
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Had the 2nd stent yesterday and I'm doing fine, haveing the 2nd was very stressfull, it caused me a lot of discomfort but we got there in the end. I'm home now and doing well, I think the wife will be following me around for awhile making sure that I don't doanything
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Sounds great Mike, just behave yourself.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

I am happy to hear you are well. Keep on keeping on.

Richard
dallen

Post by dallen »

Mike if you need something to keep you busy I have a bunch of sand paper work that needs doing, your welcome to drop by and occupy yourself with some of it. :D :D
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette