pictures

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
blindpig

pictures

Post by blindpig »

Hey Harry,
I'm in a lost password struggle with photobucket (AGAIN!) would you suggest another way to post pics here ? Got a couple I'd like to share.....
Thanks,Don
Harry
Site Admin

Re: pictures

Post by Harry »

Don, when you are making a post look right below the posting box. There are a couple of tabs 'options' and 'upload attachments', click on the upload tab. Then by filename click on the 'browse' button, this will open a dialog box and you simply find the picture on your computer. Then click the 'add the file' button, wait a few seconds and the page will refresh with the picture listed below the posting box.

From here you can click on the place inline and wherever your cursor (the blinking vertical bar that shows where you are typing) is it will insert the code to make the picture there, you can move this code around by cut and paste or clicking before it and hitting enter to push it down.

Do this for as many pictures as you want in the post and the pictures will automatically be resized for the forum and show up where the code was in your post. Use the 'Preview' button to see what it is going to look like before posting if you like.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
blindpig

Post by blindpig »

Thanks Harry,you've replied faster than photobucket.We are still exchanging e-mails trying to sort out my"lost password".This has been a recuring problem,you'd think they would figure it out faster LOL...
Thanks again I'll give your way a shot...
Don
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

No problem Don, you can link images here from other places but it is best to just upload here right from your computer. This way the images become part of your post stored in the database here plus they will resize automatically and be linked to the bigger image if the pictures are large.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

No problem Don, you can link images here from other places but it is best to just upload here right from your computer. This way the images become part of your post stored in the database here plus they will resize automatically and be linked to the bigger image if the pictures are large.
Muller
Lambda_drive

Post by Lambda_drive »

I've noticed on other forums that if you upload images on the forum they're viewable by the forum members, but not for guests or lurkers. I hate it when I do a search on Google for an image and then click on a forum post just to find out I have to register just to see an image. Because of that I usually just link my photos from my Flickr account so that everyone can see them.
Harald
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Harald, this forum is not set up to restrict access to images by guests. You can see this by going to a page with images without logging in. I know what you mean though it is kind of a pain when you are just trying to find an answer to something and the source wants you to sign up to see it.
Muller