Moving, what Fun.

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
Rasper

Re: Moving, what Fun.

Post by Rasper »

I have always been weather sensitive. Grey skies and cold drizzle make me want to shoot myself. I grew up in Virginia, which is still in the grey belt. I found that the edge of the grey belt ran through southern North Carolina. Get below that and, even in the dead of winter, the skies were sunny. I never went back.

Richard
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

lol, Im the opposite, I hate too much sun and heat, you cant work outside very easily. I went to florida last year and felt like I was about to burst into flames whenever I went outside, lol.

I like the colder weather, but hate not being able to work outside for pretty much a whole month due to it raining nonstop during april, and all of the flooding.
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I thought I would love the heat in the summer. I did work in a steel mill and it was very hot in there. But, as soon as summer hit the sun would just beat down on my head and I would have to go back inside. I couldn't do much of anything between May and October. I soon found that most of the blacksmiths, Iron crews and other hot hobbies would not schedule much during the summer. We would have about a month in the spring and one in the fall to do about anything. Winter was just cool and wet.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Summer back there with high humidity is way different than summer out here with low humidity. I would also guess in the Mill all those furnaces kept the humidity low.

33% here right now and probably on the high side of what it will be once the real heat comes on.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

We have 3 to 4 months of possible freeze so the growing season is great. I am thinking about putting a small removable greenhouse inside of one of my big greenhouses for wintering citrus trees in. We have several now but the winter sets them back so far that they dont have time to ripen fruit the next year so they get almost there then back to sq 1.

Everything about the super cold stuff though just stops me from even thinking its an option. I dont know how you guys have outdoor faucets and hoses for taking care of animal watering and such then the idea of freezing my ass off to do just about anything and trying to keep indoors comfortably warm just boggles the imagination.

Maybe I have just convinced myself the heat isnt so bad so I dont have to deal with that super cold for longer portions of the year.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

The coldest it ever gets here is the low 60's in January at three o'clock in the morning. That's cold enough for me.

Richard
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

about 45, 50f here in the winter, thats about 5, 10 degs c for all those people that are stuck in the past :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)