Moving, what Fun.

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
Jammer

Moving, what Fun.

Post by Jammer »

We have just about everything boxed up, just waiting to see if we can close this week. We had a problem with the title that held stuff up and now it looks like it's getting taken care of. Stupid lawyer didn't do his job when we bought this house.

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers William Shakespeare

I'm anxious to get back to Ohio. See the Grandbabies and spoil them. I understand the weather there more, yes, winters are cold and snowy but March to November is all tolerable. Tennessee had cool and damp winters, then about a month and a half of nice weather, then it's too hot to do anything until October.

I've got several projects in mind, hopefully I can get going on them next spring. I still have a couple hundred pounds of alloys I picked up at an auction and I hope to build a cupola and a forge. A couple knee braces and some energy drinks, I'll be good to go. I hope I can find someone close with similar interests, maybe my youngest son. He used to like to cast stuff.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Rasper

Re: Moving, what Fun.

Post by Rasper »

When I was in college I had a friend from Tennessee. I lived in Virginia. When we went out to bars to drink beer, he would keep saying, "I can't believe you can go to a bar here and not get in a fight." That's all I know about Tennessee.

(Back when I was in college you only had to be eighteen to drink. It's funny now isn't it? It's okay to send an 18 year old boy off to die in Afghanistan, but it's against the law for him to buy a bottle of beer.)

I don't envy your frigid winters though. The coldest I have ever been was in Cleveland in January. I am a Southern boy, born and raised in Virginia. I love the heat.

I have been on hold in the foundry for several months. I have a sculpture I have been ready to cast, but something has held me back. I knew what it was but I didn't want to deal with it. It is her mouth. I have to change her mouth. The mouth is okay, but it doesn't fit with the pose. The pose seems to call for a serene face.

This is her cast in plaster and painted.

mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Where I live we are about south of the Equator as Florida is north so our winters a bearable with summers bloody hot and humid. We nearly always get a nice sea breeze each afternoon that sorta cools things down slightly so that's when I do most o my work, I also only live about 15 miles from the coast. so most summers are https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG5gWk-1m10 but i still do in winter lol
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Trying this again. We finally got the title problems taken care of after 5 months. But, that didn't really cancel the sale, our buyer had a heart attack and died last fall. I think he would have waited on the house, he really liked it.
We put it back on the market and have another contract. Should close at the first of the month. Everything is still pretty much packed up so we're just waiting. Lost our contract in Ohio and have found another house. It's not conducive to large projects, so the Cupola is probably out of the question.
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

lol, well, you can always store the cupola at my house next to mine and come play with it whenever you wanted to. :P
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Be careful what you offer. We'll be in Galion, still a pretty good distance from you. I do love to come over in that area.
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

around an hour and 45 mins drive taking I-30 I think, so not that far away. If you ever do get over towards this way, let me know. I dont think I even have the room to store the cupola anymore tbh, I have mine still in pieces in the casting shed, which keeps getting a tiny bit of snow/rain blown in it, so probably should fix that one of these days, lol. It's been open since someone set the thing on fire.
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Who could have set i on fire??? :roll:
Attachments
fire.jpg
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

lol, nah, we had someone going around this area a few years ago that kept setting fires. My shed had been set on fire, but luckily we caught it before it really went up, a friend of mine, her delivery van, someone opened the back doors up and threw something in it to set the thing on fire, and I know of a few other people that had thier stuff set on fire, all within a few months of each other.
The people that come in with gas and oil rotate in and out every few months, so everyone was almost positive it was one of those guys because when the new rotation came in from texas, all fires stopped and hasnt happened since.
The only thing that needs to be done to seal up the shed is just to staple some plastic to the undersides of the rafters to stop the wind/rain/snow from blowing in under it.
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

There was one in Ohio about 25 years ago. Went around a small town and set fires to barns and cars, then a couple houses. Finally caught him, it was one of the volunteer fireman.