Moving, what Fun.

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
Jammer

Re: Moving, what Fun.

Post by Jammer »

Well, we got moved and I'm not dead. The wife and I are still together just have to live out of boxes until we get sorted out. Yeah! :roll: :? :(
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

cool, lol. Im glad everything went well and hopefully not too much had gotten left behind. :P
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Jammer wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:21 pm
Well, we got moved and I'm not dead. The wife and I are still together just have to live out of boxes until we get sorted out. Yeah! :roll: :? :(
Thats a bonus Jerry ;) ;) ;) :) :) :) :)
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Nice but no thanks on the cold for me... born and raised under 115* summers, our winter gets plenty cold enough here dipping into single digits some years. We are over 3K' elevation so we get snow most years with the most every here being 2 feet but usually just 6" a couple times a year, this year we barely had a dusting a couple times and thats fine with me. I rather enjoy looking at it on the mountains instead of trekking through it.

Hope you find a casting mate, would love to find someone around here but then my wife and I dont like people so that kind of makes it tough :-)
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

I live a short drive from where he's moving to, so casting mate here when he gets settled in, lol. He knows he can always come here to do casting when it's nice out and when he wants. We've had some really messed up weather last few days, and it's either wanted to rain, or what looked like a blizzard went through last night, but it'll melt and clear up in a week or two.
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Harry wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:48 pm
Nice but no thanks on the cold for me... born and raised under 115* summers, our winter gets plenty cold enough here dipping into single digits some years. We are over 3K' elevation so we get snow most years with the most every here being 2 feet but usually just 6" a couple times a year, this year we barely had a dusting a couple times and thats fine with me. I rather enjoy looking at it on the mountains instead of trekking through it.

Hope you find a casting mate, would love to find someone around here but then my wife and I dont like people so that kind of makes it tough :-)
A little anti social are we, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I joined a anti social help group about ten years ago, we really should have a meeting some day :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yeah, we are hermits, we didnt move to a place thats 18 miles to stop sign for meeting people and making friends. The wife is worse than I am, I can deal with crowds in a store but she starts leaning towards postal when idiots clog the isle yakkin with someone they probably live next to.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Hey, I'm back! I managed to lock myself out of the forum by changing some things in my account file. Harry let me back in. :D

Moving is still not fun, we don't have a bed, it's supposed to be here tomorrow. We sold our old one and then couldn't find one we liked. It's been pouring down rain for a week. Our yard is flooded along with the whole neighborhood. Now the wind is just crazy, maybe spring will show up someday.
I did manage to squeeze all my stuff into the garage except the car. Checking into a big shed or small garage. I'll probably go with a shed because they will raise my taxes if I build a garage.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
dallen

Post by dallen »

life will be a lot better with the bed.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

glad to have you back jammer, the weather has defenitely been crap here and that wind is brutal. I tried starting up the forge early this morning, and I had to put it back away before it even got started up because the weather really couldnt make up it's mind. It went from cloudy, to sunny, to snow, to rain, to sunny, and back to snow and it's been snowing since again. I thought this cold winter crap was supposed to be gone already, lol.

We built a shed for my shop and as long as it's not a permanent structure, it wont raise the taxes, so we just put the shop on some 8x10s, but I know that we'll never be able to move the thing because of how much weight is in the thing, lol.

Yea, a bed is always a good thing, expecially on the back after a long day of moving, lol.