My right hand is screwed

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
mite5255

My right hand is screwed

Post by mite5255 »

Hi

On Wednesday the 17 Jn I was in my shed when thee was an explosion and my right hand took the most of the blast, I’m ok but ‘m having heaps of dramas trying to type left handed and trying to work out right and lft click left handed so will fill you in more over time on what has happened, check out the photos first two are from the back of the ambulance, last two are from yesterday getting the dressings changed. they think they may need a bone graft on my thumb seeing as the bone was shattered. i was in hospital from Wednesday to Tuesday
IMG_0428.JPG
IMG_0429.JPG
IMG_0449.JPG
IMG_0450.JPG
IMG_0445.JPG
[attachment=0]
Last edited by mite5255 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
mite5255

Re: My ight hand is screwed

Post by mite5255 »

IMG_0446.JPG
IMG_0447.JPG
bunyip

Post by bunyip »

FFS Mike, this is not good !!! Thinking of you brother. Trev.
On top down under
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

OH MIKE!!! Wow, I just don't know what to say. We'll be praying for you. Can't wait to hear the background.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!! What on earth caused that? You said an "explosion"!! What could have exploded??? My prayers are with you as well, brother. Hope and pray you recover use of that hand. I did something similar when I was about 11 yrs of age. The two middle fingers were flat against the back of my hand completely separated from the knuckle sockets... skin ripped apart exposing the bone sockets and ends of the finger joints all pearly white... blood squirting everywhere. I was in shock. While in shock there really wasn't much pain so I managed to grip the fingers, myself, reposition them back where they belonged and shoved them back into their sockets till they "clicked". Made a fist and wrapped the hand in my t-shirt, then went to my sister (babysitting me at home at the time) and told her I needed her to call Mom and get me to a doctor. She insisted to look at it so I unwrapped it and slooooowly opened my fist. It looked like just a palm cut with residual blood. I told her what I saw and then she insisted I exaggerated and made me put it under a faucet and rinse it off so she could assess it. Once clean (or near about) she bitched and said it was only a scratch and barely bleeding. She then pressed on my finger tips and they popped back out of socket and started squirting blood everywhere. And she passed out cold as a corpse. HAHAHA... I repositioned the fingers again and re-wrapped them in that t-shirt and then called Mom myself and finally got to a doctor. They xrayed the hand and said there was no grit in it, bones looked ok, no evidence of tendon damage as I could barely wiggle them with control and without opening the wound. So he cleaned it with disinfectant, re-wrapped the hand in gauze, and sent me home with a pain meds. I had full use of that hand within a week, and it completely healed within two weeks. Did not require any stitches, either.

Just say'n... ya never know what your body can do till it does it's own thing in the healing process. But dayum.... that looks horrible, Mike..... I sincerely hope your body heals and you get back full use of that hand.

OUCH!! :-D
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

majorly ouch, what had exploaded that caused that kind of damage? I hope everything heals up correctly and quickly.
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

thanks everyone, when i sort out this typing and left and right click with my left and ill give more info, I'm home and feeling quite well mentally and physically, the Doctors are more concerned about my thumb as it has been shattered at the base to the first knuckle, and if it dose not heal they’ll do a bone graft……I have a very positive outlook and it is what it is, so metaphorically speaking we move on to the next episode in my life, life is good, life is fun :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: not to sure if thats me talking or the meds plus a beer or three :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

WOW! Late to the party as usual. Get well Mike!
Rasper

Re: My right hand is screwed

Post by Rasper »

I don't know what to say. I hate seeing my friends get hurt.

Richard
dallen

Re: My right hand is screwed

Post by dallen »

I thought that you already knew that crap like that hurts,

anyway don't do it any more, get well.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette