New toy in my future

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
Harry
Site Admin

New toy in my future

Post by Harry »

Looks like we have finally gotten our finances settled to the point where I can buy a tractor. I am tired of messing with old equipment and not being much of a mechanic a 7 year warranty sounds pretty damned good to me. Looking at a local place here that sells Mahindra, the 2358 HST looks made for me. With my knee the no clutch hydro trans looks awesome and the reviews on Mahindra tractors look pretty positive.

This is the one I am looking at, big bonus it comes with a 9" post hole digger which will be great for planting.

http://www.alm9.com/mahindra-2538-hst-t ... kage-deal/

https://mahindrausa.com/sites/default/f ... 1817_0.pdf

I am stoked, been getting pretty rough for me to most of the work around here shovel and wheelbarrow and the old Ford 600 I have has so many issues its discouraging to even try to use it. This is big enough to finish the leveling I want to do but small enough to be a good fit for our 2 1/2 acres without wearing it out before its time. Should last me well into old age. Just got to finish flying it past the Wife but all indications look to be a go :mrgreen:
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
mite5255

Re: New toy in my future

Post by mite5255 »

Looks soooo cool :) :) :) :) would look much more cooler with a backhoe attachment ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Looks like fun. Can I borrow it, only 3000 miles to come pick it up.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Haha, have already decided this is gonna be my last tractor so no loaners on it because hopefully its gonna have to last a very long time.

Thought about the backhoe Mike but at an added 6K for what I do here its just not gonna be feasible. Figuring on putting enough down to get the payment in the $300 range and the backhoe would push it up $100 or more. It comes with the auger so I can punch holes for planting and looking into maybe setting up a well driller. We are on sand and water is about 100' deep so its feasible and would love to have a couple more wells, maybe an airlift or aereomotor pump windmill on one and a solar on another. Free water for the gardens would be awesome and help tons in greening up the whole property.

One of my first projects will be to dig 1' deep the length of the greenhouses. Will pour a concrete wall/curb on each side 4' apart then put a redwood path in lift out 2' sections. our beds in there leave a 6' walkway down the middle so this will still leave about a foot to each side where we keep a lot of potted plants.
20170710_182712.jpg
At 4 feet wide and 60 feet long thats nearly 10 cubic yds of space under the walkway down the middle for holding horse manure worm beds, and thats in each greenhouse so we will have nearly 2 end dumps capacity there. Will be awesome for having loads of the most fertile compost easily available. I figure I can use the garden tractor and dump trailer, just drive through to where I am harvesting, pull up a section or two of the decking and shovel out as much as needed. Start harvesting at one end and work along filling in behind with new manure. I do something similar in a 10' round section of water tank cut down to 18" tall that is my current worm bed, its worked out well but not the kind of volume I want and in the greenhouses the worms will have better winter protection and higher humidity so easier to keep the bedding moist.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

Long time no see, I've got a mahindra, love it. You probably already know this by now, but they are good tractors. :D
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Actually we had to put it off until next year. but I am sure I will love it. :-)
Muller