Old engines, Steam and Hit & Miss

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
Jammer

Old engines, Steam and Hit & Miss

Post by Jammer »

I went to a couple shows this fall, one had several huge traction engines/Steam tractors and the other had Hit & Miss engines and Steam. Met up with PatJ and cae2100 at one of the shows.
Attachments
IMG_0072.JPG
IMG_0083.JPG
IMG_0092.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0014.JPG
IMG_0020.JPG
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
cae2100

Re: Old engines, Steam and Hit & Miss

Post by cae2100 »

lol, I see the scenes from mt hope and algonquin there :P

Here's another two for you from algonquin
DSC02094.JPG
DSC02098.JPG
Im editing and uploading the video I took now and will post a link to the two videos when they're done. (two days, friday and saturday)
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

Here's the video from the festival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsIo-dOhAwc - Friday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-RtTBeZewE - Saturday

Edit: youtube embed button isnt working for some reason.
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Hey, I made it in the Saturday video at 18:57. Coming around the gourds, that's when I found you guys.

Nothing for OSHA to be concerned about there. Live steam, open belts, unguarded giant saw blades, I hope everyone is very careful, one accident and these events won't be allowed anymore.
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

I didnt think I even got any video with you in it, but good to know that I did, lol. I had edited quite a bit out also because alot of it was repeats and just alot of repetitive videos. It seemed like there was a half a million hit and miss engines that I took video of, and it just seemed to go on and on forever, so had to cut out quite a bit of them, then just kept a few and the more odd looking ones.

If people are worried about the flat belts running everywhere and no belt guards on anything, they defenitely wouldnt belong in my shop, lol.
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

We went to Algonquin Mill Festival again this year. It was a little warmer and still lots to see and do.

Cookin' Chili, Baker Steam Tractor and met up with Chirp and PatJ again. Great Time
Attachments
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0014.JPG
IMG_0023.JPG
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

That show this year was defenitely alot of fun, I need to get some time to sit down and edit the video and pictures that I had gotten, then as soon as I can do that, Ill toss up some pics and a link to the video. The food was really really good there this year, more so than it has ever been I think, lol.
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I really liked the Mt Hope show a few years ago. I want to go to it again lots of Steam engines. I'll be by myself... no one else is a fan of just engines.
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

We went to mt hope a few years back and the turnout was really not good at all, and they had jacked the price up for entrance, so it really wasnt worth it tbh. I was talking to the guys and they said that most guys cant afford to bring the engines to shows anymore because of needing to cover costs of transporting, boiler inspection fees, etc, and it just got too much for them.

If you ever want to see a really good show, I would defenitely recommend rough and tumble in kinzers PA, it is massive and a really good show, but just lacks the hometown feel that algonquin has.
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I've looked at that several times but it's just too far away. I've always loved to drive and travel but just can't seem to do the longer drives anymore. Also, it's way more expensive than it used to be. And I fear the bedbugs!! :shock: :? :P