Californian Fires

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
mite5255

Californian Fires

Post by mite5255 »

Hi everyone, I'm hoping we have no one in danger in the Californian fires
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Jammer

Re: Californian Fires

Post by Jammer »

Crazy mess out there. Last I heard there were still several hundred people missing. Very fast moving fire.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
F.C.

Post by F.C. »

Here's an interesting tid-bit. I spoke with my son's wife in California two days ago and asked if they were in the track of those fires. She said NO... (thank God). I then asked if it's been determined what might have caused so many fires all at once. My suspicion was that there's a pyromaniac doing it, which is the same suspicion I've had over all the fires here in Oregon & Washington this past summer, i.e., virtually ALL of em were lit along roadsides... no weather fronts w/lightening which typically might be the cause. Anyway, she said it's come out that the power company called PGE, it's due to multiple transformers that have been problematic throughout their grid and customers have often called and complained of sparks emitting from them. PGE came out and looked at the transformers in each case but did nothing about them since they were work'n just fine when they checked them out. Of course they shot sparks again a few days after they called it good and left. So.... other than a few fires caused by campfires in woodsy areas the bulk of the horrific fires were caused by PGE electrical services which each service had a history of people calling them out to check on 'em. This has been going on for over a year. NOW THIS!! Lawsuits are-a-fly'n right now against PGE yet there is absolutely no news coverage of it. Interesting, dont'cha think?
Harry
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

1 of the recent fires was a couple towing a trailer with a flat tire tossing sparks. I think 3 died in that. At least 2 of the other big ones were utility company related. California just recently passed laws saying folks could sue utilities if they were determined the cause of major fires, the last big one up here by me the Erskine Fire was power lines but private and strung between some trees. That one was like 300 homes and took out blocks down the hill from a property I have that I bought for my mom. Before you could only see into the back yard of the backing property from the next street over which is downhill, now you can see about 6 blocks and there is nothing there but a few homes that people have rebuilt.

On the PGE news, I have read that the Cal PUC has said they are not going to let PG&E go bankrupt so it will be the tax payer picking up the tab and with 100 deaths in the camp fire thats gonna be a real big tab. Myself I say let them fail... keep you shit right or pay, they certainly charge us enough.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints the sinners are much more fun...
Muller