Winter

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
Jammer

Winter

Post by Jammer »

What's everyone up too? It's cold here in Ohio, but all the winter storms hit the Southern States. I'm sure we'll get ours. It's probably heating up down under and it's always hot in Mexico.
Still remodeling our new house, that will never end. I would like to get the half bath and dining area done before winter really sets in. They are all torn up, all I have to do is put them back together. Put down the new flooring and install the toilet and sink.
I've got the CNC set up. My youngest son has a project he wants to work on so he came and helped me get it put back together. It's working good and I'm making a lot of dust.
Still trying to come up with a usable and cheap (FREE) program to cut rounded parts. Something like MeshCam or Vectric. I've got the fusion 360 but not getting how to set up a project. Haven't had much time to play with it.
Hope everyone is staying warm or cool, wet or dry, depending on where you are.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
Rasper

Re: Winter

Post by Rasper »

Winter is here too. It's only 83 F. today. On my morning walks at 5 am I am wearing a long sleeve shirt.

Let the house wait, Jerry. Build a shop.

Richard
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Not going to have the space here that I had in Tennessee. I've got a shed and a small garage, plus the basement so everything is kind of spread out. No space for the 14" Cupola I had planned.
latzanimal

Post by latzanimal »

We had snow for a day or 2... Not sure how Santa will land without it..

Otherwise, typical Midwest..

Jerry, let me know what you figure out in Fusion. I have been trying to figure it out as well. Finally used F-engrave for my mom's Xmas present..
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

That's about all I've done is make presents for people with my CNC. I've got several patterns started but will have to wait until spring to cast anything.
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

I honestly like freecad rather than fusion. Coming from doing autocad in school, it's more intuitive to me anyways, and I can get what Im after alot faster.

Im not too far off, so if you wanted to get out and just mess around in the shop, it's always open to you. Ive been working on a few patterns for a 12" straight edge, 12" camelback straight edge, and a small cast iron surface plate, which pat was going to cast out for me, they're at his house atm. Did a bit of work on his site and tried to fix a few things, and he ended up upgrading all of it, so thats all fixed now.

Other than that, just trying to stay warm and avoid going out in this cold and damp crap for as long as I can, lol. I hope everyone's doing the same and that everyone is well.
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I haven't had any cad training and a lot of these programs baffle me. I'm not even good at Sketch-up. I'll look at FreeCad.

I will be coming over, be careful what you offer.
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

I can teach you freecad, it's not that hard and I have a few videos up but hidden to show how to do things in it, and how I have mine set up to use it, which makes it much much easier to use imo. I didnt really plan on releasing these to the public, so they're rough really, but you can get the idea of what Im doing.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... u-c3GgO7hj

I have a little more work to do in the shop for cleaning up, but it's ready for you whenever you want to come down, lol.
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Watched the videos, probably have to watch them a couple more times. When I set up the Mach 3 for the CNC I had 2 computers so I could watch the tutorial and then make the changes on the other. :roll:
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

viewtopic.php?f=39&p=9129#p9129

Started a "CAD Discussion" thread in Anti-Casting for CAD/CNC.