Old Age Report

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
Rasper

Old Age Report

Post by Rasper »

I am currently trying to sort out old age from chronic fatigue syndrome. I have both. I don't have much energy. I take a lot of naps. Two of my good friends here decided there must be something wrong with my heart so they took me to a cardiologist. I got x-rays, blood tests, urine tests, and an electro-cardiogram---the whole nine yards. The cardiologist examined the x-ray, looked at the EKG, read the lab tests, listened to my heart for a while, and asked me some questions. He told me I am in perfect health. Every single test is normal. So it's either old age or chronic fatigue, or both. It's a damned nuisance. Some days I feel normal. Other days I just want to lie down and rest. I haven't cast any bronze in a couple of years. My foundry is sitting there waiting. Plenty of propane for the burn-out kiln. Plenty of waste motor oil for the two furnaces. Plenty of sand and ludo already mixed together for investments. Plenty of Everdur ingots already alloyed. All I would need is a bag of fresh plaster and some energy and I'd be ready to go.

So while I wait for the energy that may never come back, I am busy writing a novel, learning to type, learning some computer programming, and reading books I never had time to read and some I want to read again. I am still the administrator over at Alloy Avenue, but with insufficient privileges to fix the forum should it crash. I haven't heard a word from Lionel for at least five years. The last time the forum went down (about five years ago) I wrote to him and he fixed it, so maybe he's still there.

And speaking of that, I wonder how Harry is doing up there in the high desert. He probably doesn't have to worry too much about fires up there. There's a lot of wind, but I don't think there are a lot of trees. People from other places have no idea about how it is in California. With 10% humidity and no rain all summer the dead grass is like gunpowder. A cigarette tossed out of a car window and it explodes.

Cheers,

Richard
Jammer

Re: Old Age Report

Post by Jammer »

I'm kind of going through the same. Just no energy.

I haven't talked to Harry lately, he said he was going to start casting some things but that was a while ago.

My brother lives in Colorado. He had some fires coming his way but they got them under control. Now he has a couple feet of snow. He's up in the mountains at about 9500 feet.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
dallen

Post by dallen »

think I may have the same sickness,
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Hi all, I was feeling much the same, but January this year I started taking Cannabis oil and I feel so much better, I've lost 14kg (30lb) in weight in that time ,and my energy levels have increased. I might also add getting Cannabis oil the way I get it is illegal here
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)