Alloy Avenue log in

For posts that dont fit anywhere else.
Jammer

Re: Alloy Avenue log in

Post by Jammer »

I got a birthday wish from AA but still can't log in. I did find a way to open the main page but if I click on a thread it goes back to error.

This site was down this morning, kind of worried me.
quando omni flunkus moritati 8-)
cae2100

Post by cae2100 »

it's been showing that same error for the last few months for me, I cant even get into the site anymore from the permissions error.
Rasper

Post by Rasper »

Lionel does not respond to my messages and has not logged onto AA for years. He has not updated his personal web site in over two and a half years and no longer sells furnace or books. I suspect he is off and running in some other direction. Or he could be dead.

Kind of like Anon, who, for years, was a very active administrator and our resident genius, but then when he graduated from college and went to work as an engineer, he simply disappeared. Not a word of farewell. Nothing. One day he was just gone. I wrote him an e-mail and he answered me. He said he was up to his eyeballs in work. That was it. He never logged in to AA after that.

If I were to close down something as important and valuable to people as AA was, I would do my damnedest to fully acknowledge the people who supported me in running it, and would do my best to not leave a lot of people hanging, wondering what happened.

Richard
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

I would have thought that there would have been a exodus over to here by now, but small and cosy can have its advanteges. as a matter of interest do we have something inplace if something happens here
When life gets tough, remember: You were the strongest sperm :)
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

Not really, Harry pops in every now and then. I try to moderate all you troublemakers. Mostly just keeping spammers out. I don't think they bother us much since we don't post much. A lot of guys came over from AA but when this site crashed a couple times they moved on. It is very aggravating when we lose all our photos. For a site like this it makes the threads useless. I went through and tried to reload most of my pictures, but I didn't get them all.
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

Any news on AA, I do wonder if someone has fallen off their perch and its all collapsed, I do remember, I forget his name but he use to look after the site saying something along the lines that lionel was difficult to get hold of
Jammer

Post by Jammer »

I think it's dead. I was able to sneak in the backdoor a couple times but still got blocked when I tried to look at an actual thread.
dallen

Post by dallen »

I think jammer is right, and its dead.
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette
mite5255

Post by mite5255 »

It's sure looking that way
dallen

Post by dallen »

I look at like you have some neighbors living next door and all of a sudden you don't see any cars in the drive or lights on in the windows in the evenings, its a pretty good observation that they stopped paying the rent.

there was a few guys there that did know how to carry on a conversation with out pissing everyone off
David and Charlie aka the shop monster

If life seems normal your not going fast enough" Mario Andrette